Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 07-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
Shoelaces

Fried bike

So recently I bought my first motorcycle for $200. The story was that the man I purchased the bike from bought it wrecked and then he fried the bike. He replaced the rectifier and other electrical components. He said he never checked the stator and then he decided to be done with the project. Today when I opened up the case I got oil absolutely everywhere but could not determine whether or not the stator was bad. The bike did turn over when I was checking it out so I really have no clue.he wired the bike by hand without a really pristine harness so I ordered a new one. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
suzukix668

HI it sounds like the guy you got it from didnt know what he was doing bucher it up. look at the stater is it black & ck it with a meter for shorts check the rectfire assy for shorts or opens let me know what you find thank you
Old 08-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #3
Shoelaces

Tested the stator when I got some new tools. Doesn't seem to be it. No spark now. Replaced the CDI and Ignition coils

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
tondi

Sorry to hear that. I had almost the same problem with my previous bike. I invested a lot of money to make it work and I never succeed :-(.

So my best advise, do not put to much money on this project and, unless you are a very good mechanic, do not buy a non running bike because you will never know how much money/ effort you are gonna need to make it run.