Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
sorin

Send a message via Yahoo to sorin
hello to all

Hello pepole
my name is sorin amd i am from romania. i have bought a 250 marauder thre months ago. it was a stock marauder. i have put somme extra's on it: the sisy bar, the sadelbags, crashbar, exhaust (the alarms go on when i pass a street ) ), handelbar + raisers, windshield. now i am raising money for a beutiful paintjob and that is about it. it is not by far my first bike but now i kinda like it. it is cheap to maintain, low fuel consumption...i love it

i salut you again and i appologise for my bad english adn for the fact that my bike was unwashed when i have taken the pictures

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
ArizonaKev

Re: hello to all

No apologies necessary - welcome Sorin! Sadly enough, there are people who are US natives whose English is worse than yours, so no worries

Great looking bike man! Looks like you've got it all dressed up and ready to ride. It's great to know there are people all over the world who ride and love these bikes. I know I sure love mine, and I agree with you totally about the fuel consumption being awesome. I was curious - where did you get your custom exhaust? I know there have a been a lot of discussions about that on the forum here, and I thought I would ask since you are not here in the US, but in Romania.

Again, welcome to the forum. Enjoy your bike and ride safe my friend :2tup:

AZ Kev
Old 07-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
BillInGA

Welcome!

Nice looking bike. I like the big saddle bags. How well does the small windscreen work for you?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
alantf

Hi there.
What year is the bike? I see it's the European version (marauder logo), but they removed the "250" under the "suzuki" a few years back. Also, it looks like your brake pedal is a bit high. Do you have to move your foot over it ,to use it? It's real easy to adjust, until it's under your foot when you're riding. I see that you've got the SPAAN type crash bars,the same as mine. They're really excellent bars. :2tup:
Old 07-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
zenbutcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Hi there.
What year is the bike? I see it's the European version (marauder logo), but they removed the "250" under the "suzuki" a few years back. Also, it looks like your brake pedal is a bit high. Do you have to move your foot over it ,to use it? It's real easy to adjust, until it's under your foot when you're riding. I see that you've got the SPAAN type crash bars,the same as mine. They're really excellent bars. :2tup:
I just moved my rear brake pedal to a more comfortable position and it was really, really simple. Good Call Alan.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
sorin

Send a message via Yahoo to sorin

well first of all for AZ Kev thank's for the apreciacion. the exaust i have order it from germany from the site www.louis.de in romania there are people who bring parts from this site and you pay the price listed on the site. it was 35 euros. small price but my exaust it doesn't have a road aproval. in the doc's that came with it it says that is for racing and show only. it is not valid for the streets. it sound's loud. but until now i didn't had any problems with the law. in this country you culd easily bypass the law )

For bill... the windscreen has a small efect at speed biger than 80 km/h (about 50 miles/h?) it is more..for good looking. but i don't mind it because i like to feel the wind

For alan the bike is form 2000. you are right about the brake pedal. it's not confortable but it didn't disturbed me to mutch until nou. i will try to adjust it tomorow. you are right about the crashbar to.. it is excelent. i have to get it to a chrome workshop to recrome it because it doesn't look to good at this time
Old 07-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
blaine

Welcome.excellent looking bike.Ride safe.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin
you are right about the crashbar to.. it is excelent. i have to get it to a chrome workshop to recrome it because it doesn't look to good at this time
Yes, that is the bad point with these bars. The chrome is bad. Especially at the front where the rain and road dirt hit it. When mine gets too bad, I'm going to spray it black.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
mole2

Welcome aboard Sorin and ride safe!