Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 08-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
philbert

My GeeZer Glide

A few pics of my GZ or GeeZer Glide as my friend calls it. Perhaps she's teasing me about my silver hair or maybe because she rides a Harley.

I added the Hyper-Lites to the brake light system (see close-up) after several close calls on the way home one evening. Two rather inattentive cage drivers almost tailended me so I decided to make myself more visible. Check out their web site for more info: http://www.hyperlites.com

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-06-2008, 06:36 AM   #2
Littlethumper

Pretty ride philbert!!! :rawk:

Drive safe....
Old 08-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #3
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Very slick looking bike, philbert. I like those LED flashers on the back and thought about some on my own. Do you know what draw they're pulling from your power system?

Just a hint, take that back seat off and that bike will look a lot bigger and better.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
davtnn

WOW looks just like mine .... (shows your good taste )... I like the idea about the back seat ... i want to put a rack back there anyway ... justneed to find one that fits.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
Sarris

Your GZ

Hey, that looks like mine too!! I'd say you have excellent taste.

BTW, the young sportbikers call Harley Electraglides (my Streetglide as well) a "Geezer Glide" too.

I'm (not quite) a Geezer on a 'Glide, so I guess if the shoe fits I'll wear it!!

:2tup:

Old 08-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
philbert

Thanks for the compliments. The Hyper-Lites are my first of hopefully many mods. I had thought about removing the passenger seat since I'll likely not be carrying anybody. I did like the look of some of the bobbers on this site however, I'm reluctant to go that far at least until the warranty expires.

I'm uncertain about the electrical draw of the Hyper-Lites but since the system is digital and only operates through the switched brake light circuit I'd think the draw would be minuscule. I have requested that information from them and will post my findings.

davtnn: I saw this rack on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Ac ... m245.l1318

It can be installed in place of the rear seat but it may not support much weight with the cantilevered design supported only by the single rear seat bolt.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
5th_bike

Wow your friend actually has brain cells, and uses them too, other wise he would have never made the "GZ" and "GeeZer" connection. Smart.
You know, I taste a little bit jealousy there.... maybe it is our high gas mileage... or the low maintenance costs... but maybe my taste buds are off.

Great bike, I'm now thinking of something blinking in the rear, along with the break light.
Something like adding a few bright white LEDs inside the two orange lights left and right and have them flash when the break light is on.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Sarris

Hyper-Lights

Hey, I have had them (a generic version) on my GZ for about 3000 miles without problem. The LED's draw less than 1 amp per the brochure that came with my lights.

Also, 5th bike, be carefull about adding lights other than red for brake lights as any other color is usually illegal in most states. I fact in Florida even blue dots are illegal!! Here they require any brake lights to be red and turn signal/running lights to be amber or red. If you put brake lights inside your turnsignals you'll probably have to use a red #1156 incandescent bulb and red LED's inside with a clear lens to be 100% legal. That is unless you can find red turn signal lenses instead.