Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #21
DroidHoff

Re: She has arrived!!!!!!!

Okay for all wondering... I called the dealer this morning to ask about a battery replacement (the jump from last night did not hold). After he looked into it for a while he called me back and said that because the bike was delivered on short notice the battery might not have had the time to properly charge 6+ hours. After reading all the post about having a battery tender I decided I SHOULD have one anyway and bought one from the dealer down the road for 25 bucks. The dealer has committed to replace my battery if recharging it over night fails to make it hold a charge. So as of right now its on the Battery Tender Jr with a red light. We shall see how it goes, but at least they are aware of the problem and have promised to resolve it if need be! Thanks for all the help guys!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #22
bonehead

Might want to fill it up with gas too.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #23
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
Might want to fill it up with gas too.
:poke2:

:crackup

Old 07-03-2010, 12:56 AM   #24
DroidHoff

Full tank of Gas and a brand spanking new Battery today! And for my troubles I was given a brand new HJC Helmet!!! :biggrin: It's very nice not sure the model but it had a sticker of 249.99 on it! Looks like I'm going to have to return the one I order online (I didnt really like the fit of it anyway). Thanks for all the help guys! Look like my BRC class won't be until the 14th :sad: but I think I'll make it....
Old 07-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #25
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidHoff
Full tank of Gas and a brand spanking new Battery today! And for my troubles I was given a brand new HJC Helmet!!! :biggrin: It's very nice not sure the model but it had a sticker of 249.99 on it! Looks like I'm going to have to return the one I order online (I didnt really like the fit of it anyway). Thanks for all the help guys! Look like my BRC class won't be until the 14th :sad: but I think I'll make it....
What model helmet did they give you ??

Old 07-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #26
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Quote:
:biggrin: It's very nice not sure the model but it had a sticker of 249.99 on it! ....

Good luck with your test on the 14th.Seems like you got a good dealer. :2tup: :rawk:

Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #27
DroidHoff

Quote:
Quote:
It's a HJC FS-15. The dealer was showing me some of the features on it, I was glad too because it seems like there is just way to many out there to choose from or even know how to pick the right one. I just tried a few (like 20) on and this one felt like it fit comfortably.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #28
DroidHoff

Quote:
Quote:
It's a HJC FS-15. The dealer was showing me some of the features on it, I was glad too because it seems like there is just way to many out there to choose from or even know how to pick the right one. I just tried a few (like 20) on and this one felt like it fit comfortably.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #29
Easy Rider

Quote:
Full tank of Gas and a brand spanking new Battery today!
Just one more little detail:
It is very important that a new battery be FULLY charged when first put into service.
You cannot always trust the dealer to do that.......even if they said they did.
You should introduce your new battery to your new tender for one overnight stay......just incase.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #30
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
HJC makes a good helmet. I have 2 at present. Do check inside the lining for date of manufacture and you will know when the helmet turns 5 years old and you can retire it. After 5 years the material has served you well but is breaking down and does not offer full protection any longer. Even real spendy helmets are cheap when you break down the price on a yearly basis over 5 years so never think a new one is expensive.

Do what Easy said and put your new battery on a tender overnight. The healthier the battery starts out the better it will serve you.