Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
joeladams20

joel procrastinated about 4 months, then posted his bike

Hi, I'm a long time reader of this forum and thought I would post my bike on here since I like the bike as much as this forum(just kidding - more). I found this site about a year ago and it helped me decide which bike to purchase, how to change the oil and a variety of other things including where to get the best accessories. I bought an '06 last April with 207 miles and currently have almost 1,600. This bike has been a blast, although I hate to admit I had a little spill in a parking lot due to gravel at around 300 miles (Tough lesson that really shook me up. I fixed the bike up and it looks like new with parts from cheapcycleparts.com, except for a small ding in the tank I can't seem to get all the way out with even a dingking). I just drove through a downpour last week and didn't seem to have any problems except getting very wet - despite every effort from my cheap and useless rain gear... time to upgrade. My future plan is to buy a V-Star 650, but I'm in no hurry. This plan will most likely end up on hold though, since I will be getting married next spring. I'd like to thank everyone for their useful information in these forums - it has really helped me out a lot! My favorite thread is the one from seventigers, who converted his gz into a bobber. That is really cool! BTW, I always wear a helmet- I am just posing for the picture. I know how you guys are, so I thought I'd throw that out there.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
blaine

Re: joel procrastinated about 4 months, then posted his bike

Welcome to the forum.Have fun.Ride safe.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Well it is about time you showed up in person. We could sense you lurking in the background with your sidekick GZ. Welcome and glad to have another member.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:07 AM   #4
BillInGA

Welcome aboard Joel! Glad you found the forum and the GZ.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:09 AM   #5
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeladams20
didn't seem to have any problems except getting very wet - despite every effort from my cheap and useless rain gear... time to upgrade.
Hi there.

Just a thought............... If you're trying to save money (& who isn't, these days?) whyy not try the camping/hiking stores. I bought my waterproofs in a camping store in England. It's a two piece, designed for hikers. Totally waterproof, & MUCH cheaper than anything I could find at the bike shops. I just give it a spray with waterproofer every year, & it's small enough to carry, rolled up in a saddle bag. :2tup:

BTW. Love the saddlebags. They look as though they can hold MUCH more than mine, & the design really appeals to me.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeladams20
I found this site about a year ago and it helped me decide which bike to purchase, how to change the oil and a variety of other things including where to get the best accessories. I'd like to thank everyone for their useful information in these forums - it has really helped me out a lot!
Nice post! Good to see the forum has value and even better to see someone acknowledge its help.

I like your saddlebags better than mine.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Another good place for rain gear is a workwear store.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #8
mole2

Welcome aboard and ride safe! I like the bike.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
ArizonaKev

Welcome aboard indeed! Always great to have another GZ rider out there. I too took a spill on a bike in some loose dirt/gravel when I first started riding many years ago, and it was a big learning experience for me too. And I'm glad to hear that you always wear a helmet. My buddy calls them "donor cycles" when people ride with no protective gear, and I tend to agree.

Oh, and I agree with what alan and some other people suggested on the rain gear - you might have better luck at an outdoor outfitter or camping store.

In any case, enjoy that bike and ride safe amigo! :2tup:

AZ Kev
Old 07-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
joeladams20

Thanks for all the replies! Actually I'm looking for gear online for a nice price and stumbled on this link: http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycle-R ... 90903.html

The price seems reasonable. What do you guys think?

And I really like my saddlebags - THANKS for noticing :cool: (found them on the forum).. only downside is that since they are so large it is easy to put something in one bag that throws the balance off on the bike, which can make it kinda sticky. Seems if I put to much weight on the side without the exhaust - it makes stopping kind of wonky. That seems to not be the issue if it is vice versa though. Odd.... O_o

My gz also seems to have the front brake squealing issue when pressed to a certain amount and then when I press harder it goes away. That is the one and only issue that I dislike and wish I could solve. Anyone else experience this? (It has done this since about mile 400 on the bike). I'm not hard on the bike so I don't feel it is anything self inflicted. I read in one forum at least one rider with this issue, but is it REALLY common?