Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 07-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #1
CincyKid

Tank Bags

I'm looking too get a tank bag for my custom 01 GZ250. The gas tank is normal and clearance is normal. I was wondering if anyone uses one ot nows of one that fits the GZ well.

Thanks
CincyKid

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-23-2015, 12:27 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Tank bags are a good addition to your biking gear. Magnetic bags are great with no straps or other nonsense to get in your way. Both Lynda and I used Joe Rocket magnetic tank bags with no complaints. They are approx 14 x 8 inches not including the flaps with the magnets in them.

Look at Joe Rocket, TourMaster and Nelson-Rigg for a comparison. There are more than these 3 but all I can think of at the moment.

Do you intend to carry valueable items in the bag?? Get one with some padding to protect your stuff. Now I'll tell you why. Lynda stopped for gas one day and took the bag off the tank and put it "Behind" her drivers backrest on the M-50. Filled up and rode away. The bag stayed put until we were riding about 70 mph. I did my usual mirror check and happened to see a black thing flip off her bike. Quickly stopped and walked back to get the bag and fearing the worst. The bag was scuffed but intact. Ditto for the cell and nice new expensive camera. I doubt it was a JR bag and likely her newer Nelson-Rigg bag.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
PG tips

I started to use a tank bag regularily recently, I had it a few years, I got it cheap in a lidl sale and it was stored away. I find it very convenient and have ditched the bike backpack in lieu of it. It's cheap, canvas but it does the job, handy to put on and take off and the magnets hold it fast, has a clipped strap which i put around the bars. I'd definitely consider getting a better make if/when this wears out. I still keep the plastic pannier cases fixed for other stuff.

Last edited by PG tips; 07-23-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:05 AM   #4
alantf

So....We both use Lidl This is the one I bought from them a couple of years ago. Cost around €29. It also unzips round the base, and converts into a backpack, for when you get off the bike.

b61.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b61.jpg (96.3 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by alantf; 07-24-2015 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
PG tips

Mine doesn't look like that shape, its flatter, it actually doesn't have the lidl sport product brand name, I bought it in a clearance sale for 14.99 in a separate outlet where they do lidl warehouse sales which they open the store for specifically, but they had a load of unbranded stuff, just clearing out all the stuff they didn't sell before. I got great deals for a load of Halloween decorations for next to nothing, but I'm always tempted to buy stuff I don't even need just in case.
As it happened I bought the tank bag just in case and it was a great bargain, mine seems like it might not be as good quality as yours even as most of my lidl gear has held up, whereas the zips on parts of my tank bag have snapped, just zip from one side now 😀 so no big deal, turns into a backpack but never used it, expands out but mostly use as it is. I got two map tank bags too for a few euro each, I had a great pair of bike gloves from them but damned if I know what I'd did with them.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Did you check the tank bags for the lost/misplaced gloves?
Old 08-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #7
haraldduus

I use one to. It a B-Square brand works as a over sholder and also converts into a bagpack, thou smaller that the one alantf shows, more regular in size but also has a zipper to give it added space. Love it.

Sendt fra min SM-P605 med Tapatalk

Tags
bag, luggage, tank