Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Instructional Articles

Old 03-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #1
rusty50

Handlebar Riser

Has anyone tried to reduce handlebar vibration by installing rubber washer between riser base and dash/triple tree? I just replaced my stock handlebar with Daytona style bar. It's 29" wide 3.5" rise w 4-5" pullback. I also replaced stock grips with coke bottle style grips. I added a piece of rubber gas line threw entire bar to reduce some vibration. I don't want to use the bar weights with this set-up. Looks better than stock and puts the controls in a nice neutral position. Does anyone have any thought's or suggestions?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-15-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

You will always get some vibration but you can reduce it a bit. Try filling the bars with BB's. I have read that will work to a fair degree. The bar ends are there to soak up vibration so anything that adds weight to the bars should help.

If it were me, I would put the bar ends back on with normal grips and then add foam covers to the grips. But that defeats what you want in appearance.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
rusty50

Thank you for the response. I've heard about the BB method. I may try that just to see if it makes a difference. Your right about the look. I really don't want to go with the bar end weights, though they do seem to reduce vibration. The gas line in the handlebar doesn't seem to do anything. Just got the bike in November for my wife. I really haven't had a lot of time to ride it. I am thinking about using it to commute back and forth to work and become more familiar with the bike. Got a lot of good tips from reading past forum topics.

Login or Register to Remove Ads