Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 08-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #91
RichInFla

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsuserid
My 110/90-16 Cheng Shin 906 from TiresCheap on ebay came in, to my door for $57. Email them first, I think last time I looked they had a couple left.
I went to the TiresCheap store on eBay, and I could only find the "100/90-16" size. Are tires "coded" the same way as cage tires, Like Tread Height, Width, Diameter ?? Is there an alternative size ?? Would the size attached work (found at motorcycleproshop.com advertising $9 shipping) ??

I did find the 130/90-15 rear tire on their site though, $53.00 with $17.00 shipping, advertising 100 available, FYI.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #92
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
The answers to your questions are in the very thread you posted in. I suggest taking a few minutes to read it.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #93
RichInFla

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
The answers to your questions are in the very thread you posted in. I suggest taking a few minutes to read it.
I actually did read all 7 pages !! Couldn't find the tires on the site BadBob recommended, and I'm doing my best to figure it all out, but tube sizes and rim strips got me confused. Sorry, because if my local shop doesn't stock them or can't order them, I'll be searching online, and you can get really hosed if you don't know what your ordering.

I think I'll go back through all the posts with pen and paper this time...
Thanks.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #94
Sarris

Tire Size

Rich;

The 100/90-16 is an alternative for the 110/90-16, just a hair smaller. The first number is width in millimeters, the second is the sidewall height stated as a percentage of the tread width. The last is the rim size in inches. So, get the 100/90-16 if the 110/90-16 isn't availabe.

The 110 is 110 mm wide and has a 99 millimeter tall sidewall, the 100 is 100 mm wide and has a 90 millimeter tall sidewall. Just a little over 1/4" smaller in sidewall height.

No big deal, do it.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #95
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichInFla
Sorry, because if my local shop doesn't stock them or can't order them,
These bikes are still being made and sold new. If a real Suzuki dealer says they can't get tires for a GZ250, you need to look for another dealer.......and I'd be tempted to call Suzuki. That's just plain stupid.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #96
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

http://www.gz250bike.com/viewtopic.php?t=1058

See the area titled "TIRES"
Old 08-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #97
RichInFla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
http://www.gz250bike.com/viewtopic.php?t=1058
See the area titled "TIRES"
Called my local cycle shop, and they had a hard time finding BOTH rear and front tires. Eventually they called me back and said they could get the Kenda's, but the front would have to be 100/90-16. Each was in the $50-$60 range, but I'm sure with tubes and rim strips (??) it'll be more like $75 a piece.

I figure I'll go for it, since I've had a hard time finding replacement tires listed in the "TIRES" section anywhere online. Thanks for all the help. Let me know if anything about "availability" changes.

Soon to be riding again !!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #98
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

We're all in the same boat as far as availability of tires change. Some people are coming across a store deep in the annals of cyberspace that have some left but on the whole they are just getting harder and harder to find. If we could find a direct link to a store in the EU we would be in business. There are a whole crap load of bikes over there that accep our tires sizes and as such they have a variety to choose from.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #99
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
It just boggles my mind that it would even be possible to have a hard time finding tires for a bike still in production...
Old 08-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #100
RichInFla

Re: tire questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
I think I'll try and find a bike shop here that'll mount and balance the new tires, and I'll buy them online. I can take the wheels off, and it would give me a good opportunity to clean the chain, but then I'll need some sort of stand. It never ends, does it?, just like owning a boat.
The local cycle shop can find one brand, Kenda, that has both front and back (mentioned in previous post). However, they said they will mount and balance, but they won't remove the wheels and/or reassemble. I have a feeling this is out way out of my league mechanically. I could probably get the wheels off, but putting everything back together, I'm not feeling too confident. I may get my HD neighbor or guy down the street to help. If I have somebody that knows motorcycles, they should be able to help me with this right, given I have the manual to make sure chain tension, etc is within guidelines putting it back together ??

Unless anyone has a video "How To", located in their "GZ250, Mechanics for Dummies" library, LMAO...

Thanks.