Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #11
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
It's funny. I bought my bike from the guy that started this thread (thanks for finding that out for me jonathan). Guess how many holes are drilled in the baffle.

I can't say I don't like one sound compared to the other, but I haven't heard it without, so there's no real basis for an opinion.
You're welcome. I just happened to remember that paint scheme. I even commented to the seller how good it looked.

BTW, I'm almost certain that your bars are not OEM. Would it be a big deal to measure the height fron the base of the bar and maybe give me an idea of total width as well? I've looked at superbike bars but I think that they'll lean me over to an unnatural position, while the bars that you have look like a perfect balance between OEM and the other option. If the rearsets of the this motorcycle were more centered, it wouldn't be a big deal. However, it also would no longer be a "cruiser".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
BTW, I'm almost certain that your bars are not OEM. Would it be a big deal to measure the height fron the base of the bar and maybe give me an idea of total width as well? I've looked at superbike bars but I think that they'll lean me over to an unnatural position, while the bars that you have look like a perfect balance between OEM and the other option. If the rearsets of the this motorcycle were more centered, it wouldn't be a big deal. However, it also would no longer be a "cruiser".

Thanks,
Jonathan
I'll measure them when I get home this afternoon.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #13
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Here are the measurements of the handlebars using this handy diagram from JP Cycles.

Width: 31.5" incl. grips and weights
Rise: 6"
Center Width: 6.5"
Pullback: 6"

The stock GZ250 is listed as 28"W - 7"R - 6"C - 10"P, so your eyes are most assuredly correct.

They are comfortable, although, like the exhaust report, I have no experience on a GZ250 with anything different, so my opinion is limited.

I do like the cafe-look too, so I'm curious as to how the bike would feel with drag bars.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #14
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

WOW! That's much more information that I expected and I certainly appreciate it!

Raysuzki put drag bars on his bike. A search for his name should bring that up.

For straight drag bars, I'll refer you to Jaime's bike. I don't think he is still using these particular bars, but this will give you an idea of what drag bars will look like.

This next one is just another option that I found on the net:

Hope this helps.
And thanks again for the detailed info.
Now I just have to find an identical set of bars...

-Jonathan
Old 06-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #15
rayzuki

I don't know how this turned from a muffler to a handlebar thread but here is my contribution

Old 06-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #16
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Someone finally did a comparison pic. Thanks!

For reference, how tall are you Ray?

Those new headlights also fit the front of the bike pretty well. It think it looks better than the way the facotry **housing** juts away from the bike.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #17
rayzuki

5'11" 200 lbs