Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 07-11-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
Badbob

Turn Signal Alarm

I can't find the documentation that goes with this all the links are pointing to the same place and it's broken. This might be an interesting project for someone.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
5th_bike

I found a link to the circuit above, with an explanation.
http://www.elektroda.pl/cir/index/Au...AL%20ALARM.htm

The circuit emits beeps after about one minute. Which can be too early when you're waiting for a traffic light, or too late during regular driving.

Also I don't think it can be used in our GZ250s the way the turn signal relay is wired, in series with the turn signals.

That said, a piezo buzzer could be wired in parallel with the turn signal relay (red piezo wire to the relay's orange/green wire, and black piezo wire to the relay's light blue wire) - when the relay switches the signal lights "off", there exists a voltage drop between the two relay pins, which can be used to beep.

A relay could be connected to +12V and to the blue wire to the neutral switch (i.e. activated when in neutral); and would switch the piezo circuit off when in neutral (i.e. it would 'enable' the piezo when not activated).

Then, with a 555 timer like in the above circuit, or a simple resistor/capacitor/transistor setup, it could be made to beep only when out of neutral, or 'on', for say 20-30 seconds.

Maybe some day I'll try to build it in, for now I have a front fender to replace, and some little parts, and I'd rather put a tach on it first. Oh, and the chain needs some TLC again, after another almost 600 miles...
Old 07-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Badbob

Thank's

I was hopping it would turn off the turn signal after a delay. I can see the turn signal indicator unless I look down.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Badbob