Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 12-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #11
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
My priorities are comfort before style. I don't intend to be miserable just to look good for someone else. But isn't it great when they both come together so nicely. Congratulations!
Cheers!
I'm pretty much the same way. I like comfort and function over style. If it does all three so much the better. I'm just sorry I waited so long to try this.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-14-2006, 12:35 AM   #12
jnortonsr

combining the driver and passenger seat

is there anyone out there that could combine the two so that there isn't the separation between them?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #13
2006 gz

Just thought one of my easy mods would look good on your bike. I had my seat recovered and raised one inch. I then took the rubber washers on top of the rear tank mount and put them underneath to raise it approx. 1/2 inch. This slightly leveled the tank and got rid of the newly formed gap from the raised seat. Have considered making taller spacers and getting longer bolts to also make room for an unrestricted k/n style air cleaner! Looks cleaner without those sofa buttons! Another easy and cleans up the look is the horn relocation. Just simply remounted it into the pretapped hole! NATE

Old 12-14-2006, 05:31 AM   #14
Badbob

Re: combining the driver and passenger seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnortonsr
is there anyone out there that could combine the two so that there isn't the separation between them?
They can probably do that but it would require taking your bike to them and leaving it there until the seat is completed. I kind of like that idea myself. I wanted the rear seat to be the same height as the front but without the bike we could only guess.

Sargent's will not change the front or rear profile of the seat because of issues with getting them to fit without having the bike.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:42 AM   #15
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 gz
Just thought one of my easy mods would look good on your bike. I had my seat recovered and raised one inch. I then took the rubber washers on top of the rear tank mount and put them underneath to raise it approx. 1/2 inch. This slightly leveled the tank and got rid of the newly formed gap from the raised seat. Have considered making taller spacers and getting longer bolts to also make room for an unrestricted k/n style air cleaner! Looks cleaner without those sofa buttons! Another easy and cleans up the look is the horn relocation. Just simply remounted it into the pretapped hole! NATE
My seat was raised two inches. If I could change anything I would have went about 1/4 inch higher to make it even with the back seat.

I have been considering raising the tank. However, I want to ride enough to get used to it before I make a change. That way I can tell very quickly if the change makes a difference.

I have never liked the buttons. I'm don't like the look much but the big thing is that they collect water. My GZ250 is a daily rider so its going to get water on it.

My horn is mounted on the engine guard (crash bar).

Old 07-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #16
Dirt_McGert

Wow, that's awesome. The stock seat gets uncomfortable after about 30-45 minutes.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #17
Badbob

I can ride this all day. I will not say its comfortable after eight or ten hours in the saddle but I can ride the tank dry on this seat if need be and still be able to walk. The stock seat was crippling me. Half an hour and I needed a break if I stayed on it for two hours I would have difficulty walking. This seat fixed all that. I spent the money because it was spend the money or sell the bike. Since I bought it new getting the seat cost less money and it worked out well for me.

If I had it to do over I would have them match the height on the seats or make the rear seat lower than the front. My butt presses up against the rear seat unless I have something loaded back there big enough for a back rest. This isn't a big deal on sort trips but when you ride all day it irritating. Sort of like sitting on something in your back pocket all day. I can adjust my position but I keep moving back.

All things considered I' very pleased with it.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #18
Whynot?

Who can modify the seat besides Sargent. The post by 2006gz showed a seat re-covered and rasied 1 inch - where should I take my seat so this can be accomplished ?
07 - Vstrom 650 - sold
06 - Burgman 400S - sold
Old 09-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Badbob, impressive looking seats you got there. Must say the whole bike looks good as well.

For those that find the stock saddle acceptable but a little too hard after a while try a sheep skin pad from Alaska Leather. Got one for Happy Hobo and tried it out on the VStrom for about 3 hours with good results. On my xmas wish list now. Happy had a short ride on it and liked it on the GZ. When I sat on the GZ the seat was softer with no hard spots that were noticable to my hind end. The small size fits the GZ and looks really great too.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #20
Whynot?

I have a sheep skin which I bought for my Vstrom (DL650) and use it on the GZ. It is certainly more confortable but even with that about 45-60 minutes in a ride I can feel the push on my tail bone and it makes it very unconfortable.
07 - Vstrom 650 - sold
06 - Burgman 400S - sold