Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Whynot ?, have to agree with the tailbone thing. Just not quite enough room on the GZ for some one with long enough legs to ride a Strom.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2007, 08:51 AM   #22
Whynot?

yeah, I had the Vstrom and was able to flat-foot it at stop so I have the "size" for the bike. I am riding a VFR800 now for every day use but I bought the GZ as a scooter chaser when my lovely takes her scooter out for a ride. For short trips I will be OK so will jut leave it for now.... unless find a cheap easy solution by somebody or some local shop to re-cover the seat and make it level with the back-seat. This would mean raising it with about 2 inches as added benefit - adding some more leg-room as well.
07 - Vstrom 650 - sold
06 - Burgman 400S - sold
Old 09-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #23
Water Warrior 2

Oh my, a VFR !! They are a sweet ride to say the least. Never heard a bad word about them from anyone. SCraig from Stromtroopers recently got a new one to ride when the Wee 650 is taking a break.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #24
Whynot?

Yes they are sweet, I am still member of stromtrooper.com not checking daily but still browsing it from time to time...if you lok up my user name you will see my posts...
http://www.gyalay.com/albums/2007V-Strom/index.htm you can see my used to be VStrom and http://www.gyalay.com/albums/VFR800AK7/index.htm will show the VRF pictures and yes the http://www.gyalay.com/albums/GZ250/index.htm GZ250 pictures...
07 - Vstrom 650 - sold
06 - Burgman 400S - sold
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #25
Water Warrior 2

Whynot............Looks like somebody got a real nice almost new VStrom from you.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:24 AM   #26
Whynot?

I have sold to a gentleman from Seattle. He rode tha bike all the way back. The bike had 38xx miles and I did the 4K service knowing that he will ride it all the way back.
07 - Vstrom 650 - sold
06 - Burgman 400S - sold
Old 08-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #27
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob
My seat was raised two inches.
(Boy do I feel stupid. Thought I was at the end of the thread but it was just the first page! So now I see that Bob has made a follow up report already but I'll leave this here just incase someone has anything to add!)

OK, Chief. Since this thread is about 2 years old AND this is such an important subject, can we get an update, please?

So, two years later, how's the seat holding up.....and the thing that rests on it, how's it holding up !?! :lol:

Is the extra 2 inches a "standard" kind of thing because of different padding or did you ask for it to be raised??

I got an extra seat and took it to a local guy but it's beginning to look like I got some bad advice.....and may be out $130.
It looks like yours ended up being mostly flat.....as opposed to dished out....and my guy is going the other way, making the dish deeper. Sigh. Should have paid more attention to this thread FIRST.

I went to the State fair yesterday. 100 miles each way. At ~50 mph, about a 2 hour trip. With the stock seat and gel pad, I was able to delay the onset of butt cramp by shifting positions early and often.....but that just delayed it. After an hour, it was uncomfortable and shifting positions didn't really help much.

The trip was otherwise perfect so I AM going to have to fix the damn seat.....one way or another. If my modified one doesn't help, I've considered getting a seat for a John Deere riding mower and strapping it on there. I can sit on it for HOURS with no pain!!! :roll: :lol:
Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #28
burkbuilds

Re: Sargent Cycles Custom Seat

Badbob, I saw your seat mod on the internet long before I found this site and I really liked how it looked and the extra height appealed to me as well. I tried to get Sargents to duplicate what they did on your bike, but they were very non committal saying each design was unique and they couldn't guarantee how it would look and spent a lot of time trying to talk me out of it, so I finally gave up on them doing it and just bought the foam from them and did it myself. I had a local shop cover it once I was happy with the shape and it's been a big improvement. Not sure why Sargent's was so against raising it up 2", it works really good for my 6'1" 210 lbs. Hope you take my copy as the sincerest form of flattery for your design! I don't have the blue seam trim, so mine is not as sharp looking as yours but the results are a lot more comfortable than the stock seat. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #29
Easy Rider

Re: Sargent Cycles Custom Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Hope you take my copy as the sincerest form of flattery for your design!
Ah, the Brotherhood wins again !! :2tup:
Good show. :cool: