Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 03-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Re: new electric motorcycle by HONDA

Eddie, the GZ has the stamina to go for hours at 60mph but it is very fatiguing for the rider. As Lynda found out, you have to always be thinking far up the road to anticipate any curve, slight uphill grade or a change in the wind direction. There is little extra power to compensate for certain factors. Having a handful of extra horsepower is worth the cost if you are planning a lot of touring. A 2 hour ride on the GZ is plenty doable but multiple 6 or 8 hour days are very tiring.
Most 500 - 800 engines will work well for touring and still be nimble enough for around town riding. 2 cylinder 500s will be smoother than a single 500. A 90 degree V-twin such as the Vstrom and it's 650 brothers are nearly perfectly balanced and quite powerful enough for almost any riding. But you are a bit short in the inseam for the Vstrom-sorry bout that. Still lots of smaller to mid size cruisers out there for us folks to drool over.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #22
ecr959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
the GZ has the stamina to go for hours at 60mph but it is very fatiguing for the rider.
A 2 hour ride on the GZ is plenty doable but multiple 6 or 8 hour days are very tiring.
WW, I didn't know that. Now I feel a little bit better. If I do have to ride a bit farther away, now I have a bit more confidence about it. I will hang on to the GZ a bit longer, but I do want a 650 , or a 750. Even when I do get one, I don't think I can handle a ride longer than 4 or 5 hrs. I remember a few yrs ago, I had to drive a car 3.5 hrs, for visiting a customer, and I really needed to rest and stretch after 2 hrs. If I ever plan an 8hr ride, like from here to NYC for example, I would need to bring a sleeping bag and plan to sleep somewhere.

BTW, about my height, yeah 5'6" is short I know. Maybe if my next bike is a taller one, I can get riding boots with thicker soles, taller heels. Like you said Lynda has.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
blaine

I rode my G.Z. at 60 to 65 MPH for 3 top 4 hours at a time.I rode my G.Z. for 3 years putting on over 30 thousand KM before I sold it with 46 thousand KM on the clock.
:roll:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #24
Water Warrior 2

A common comment from long distance riders is to stop every 1 to 1.5 hours for a stretch and to get the circulation running into all the body parts. This coincides with a gas stop/pit stop for many riders. You will arrived less fatigued and with a wider grin. You will also find a road with a variety of curves and different elevations promotes well being as opposed to a flat road which is mind and body numbing.
A little body english and practice setting up for a curve promotes fine skills and tunes the mind and body. Ride more, ride smart and live longer.