Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 04-01-2009, 03:28 AM   #1
daddylaci

Short ride through Budapest

Yesterday afternoon I rode a short distance from my home to my sosn's workplace for a small package. I am living in north of Budapest, Hungary and the destination is Buda side of Budapest. May be you know Budapest has two main parts: Pest and Buda which are separated by the Danube river. Pest side is flat, Buda side is a little bit hilly. So I had to use one bridge of eight. A picture of the destination:

So, I chose the Margit bridge which named by a Hungarian princess and very interesting because of the shape. The bridge is not straight, that has a breaking in the middle and that point has a third arm to the Island Margit which located in the middle of river Danube. Here is the bridge from Buda side:

and my GZ at that point:

You can see the weather was really nice: temperature around 15 Celsius (59 Fahrenheit), a little bit cloudy and weak breeze. Ideal for riding. After half an hour I arraived. One hill of Buda side:

I am at the destination:

The GZ run very smoothly. The oil temperature was 85 Celsius (185 Fahrenheit)

After picking up the small package I rode back. I rode beside a nice building which is a hotel in Buda. We say Hotel Circular because that is a rotunda:

Unfortunately in Pest side I saw result of a crash. A motobike lied down on the road and not far a car was smashed up. Probably they collided. To see that situation was not a good feeilng. You know, you have to be very carefull if you are on the road after a long interruption. If you are not, that is the result. So, be carefull.
After arriving to my home I checked the bike and the board computer. The oil temperature was almost the same:

Trip distance: 38,18 km (24 miles)

Average speed: 38,22 kmh (24 mph)

Trip time: about one hour.

Maximum speed: 89 kmh (55 mph) Oooooops!

Total distance so far: 4369 km (2715 miles)

That was my first ride reported to you and the first ride after wintertime and was nice to me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads