Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
one

add another bike to GZ

I have been riding and love the way the GZ rides. It is awesome for local roads and great to maneuver do to size and weight. price point is great and it's the kind of bike i would love to keep forever.

Being said, i was looking into another bike with similar features (ride stance, comfort) but with a bit more power. The 250 or (249) is great for local roads but I am a bit nervous to ride on any highway near me as cars travel at 70+. Not that I am looking to break the speedlimt, I am wanting a bike that i can take on a longer trip (from state to state on the interestate). there is no question the GZ is limited on it's top speed - then adding wind, hills, saddle bags, etc. it's hard to maintain highway speeds in excessive of 60 to 65. I am 5'-10" and 175. Bike is tuned perfectly but I am concerned about stressing the motor at higher RPM's for a duration.

Therefore, I was wondering what other people have moved to from the GZ. I sat on other bikes - suzuki's, honda's, yamaha, triump, HD's. For me cost is an issue and I was curious to hear what other people had to say about jumping up.

Do not get me wrong, i do not want to get rid of this bike - i changed the front brakes and fluid with no issues and would like to continue to work on it when needed and go for the riding i have been doing, it's the longer rides i am concerned with.

any suggestions?

Login or Register to Remove Ads