Re: Yet another thread about Easy Rider Being a Hard Headed

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":28jowyez
EXACTLY! Now can we play nice ??
I'm trying.
Others don't seem to want to let go.
Sad.[/quote:28jowyez]
Easy, you have the same habit I have. We both try to get in the last word. And we go round and round again.Now............everyone, read this and stay quiet, do not reply or I will have to reply back and we go round and round again. :biggrin:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-04-2010, 04:46 AM   #12
Fish Baseball

[quote=music man]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Easy Rider":25hik2di

you seem to be the only one who doesn't agree with that fact, even though the proof is right there in front of you, in the piles of posts from piles of people on various sites.
[/quote:25hik2di]

Um....not true. Yes Easy can be a little.....um.....blunt with his replys to posts, I have to say that whenever I've asked for help with my ride, he has been willing to offer knowledge to help out! I'll admit that he has a different way of dealing with people than most would like, but to each their own. Sooo, despite all the flames that I'm sure are comming my way, I don't think that threads like this one are going to help do anything except allow this board to loose a valuable source of information.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #13
burkbuilds

Music Man, I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes the written words in a forum like this can really come across in a way they are not intended. Sometimes when I read ER's remarks, I get the same knee jerk reaction you are getting, however, I've sat down and had lunch with the guy. He doesn't come across in person the way he does in print. His demeanor is actually the opposite of the way he is often perceived on here and apparently on other forums. He's fairly quiet spoken, certainly doesn't carry an air of harshness or indifference about him in person. He doesn't come across as a know-it all or as a person who thinks he is the only one who understands every subject. He actually was soft spoken and a very humble, nice guy in person. If he was speaking instead of writing the things he says, I don't think they'd come across as confrontational at all because he would be saying them in a soft voice and with an inquisitive, curious sounding tone. However, when he writes those remarks, all of that body language is lost to the reader and we can only see the black and white of the words. It only takes a little misunderstanding and then people start challenging ER and making assumptions about why and what he means and pretty soon it escalates into a war of written words. I wish I had a solution, but I don't, other than maybe to suggest that when you read his words, instead of thinking of them as coming from some mean spirited old man, you'd realize that they actually come from a well meaning, grandfatherly like kinda guy, that is just trying to ask questions and make statements that make the person they are written to either clarify what they meant, or think about it differently. I'm not saying he couldn't write it in a way that could be better, just that it is easy to read his statements and think of them as being mean spirited when they are often meant otherwise.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #14
Sarris

Oh, the problems of the written word....... I've had this same discussion with my children regarding text messaging.

Emoticons are not the same as a face to face verbal conversation. Basic emotions and tone don't convey within text. (unless you have the writing skills of Alan)

We've really lost something in the 21st century. It's the ability to effectively communicate.

Me, on the other hand, I am a mean old bastard in real life (joke).

:lol:
Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
you seem to be the only one who doesn't agree with that fact,
This is NOT an attempt to get in the last word but I think these things need to be said:

1) You are quite wrong in that assumption and incorrect in labeling your opinioin as fact.
It is only those who don't agree who feel a need to speak up and who feel a need to "shoot the messenger" instead of debating the real issues at hand. I have made several new, good friends on this and other fourms; among them DrBob who you will recognize from the Suzuki forum.

2) Whether it is true or not......whether I deserve an ass kicking or not.......is not relevant to whether or not these two entire threads dedicated to doing that are in any way useful or are good for the fourm in general. I propose that they are NOT and suspect that having them show up on the thread list might tend to scare new users away without even reading any posts.

I have been making a concerted effort not to be so harsh in my posts but apparently there is no salvation with some people. Can't get back the water over the dam.

I'm done.
I should know better than to respond at all to posts like this; it's a lot like political mud slinging.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #16
music man

I have a few comments to address, first of all to Burkbuilds, no matter what kind of experience you have had with Easy Rider in person, it has no bearing whatsoever on his actions on this site towards people that have done nothing to him to deserve it.

Secondly, I find it F@#king hilarious that all of a sudden, Easy Rider has a newfound concern for newbies reading this kind of stuff as their first post and running them off, considering how many new members he has singlehandedly ran off.

And to Fishbaseball, just because he has posted helpful stuff for you in the past, and has helped others (which I have acknowledged before that he does), does that excuse him from being an unprovoked asshole to anyone who says something he perceives as inferior to his mighty intellect?

And you can blame it on the internet, and the fact that spoken words and written words are taken differently, but at the end of the day it is still apparent who is truly being an asshole and who is just being misunderstood.

I will leave this thread with this question, have I said anything about Easy Rider in this thread or the other one that got this one started that wasn't true? Because if I have please point it out to me so I can correct it.

One more thought, if I am so far off base with my comments about him, why is it that this is probably the umpteenth conversation that has been had on this site (and others from what I hear) about this very thing, and about this very person, coming from several other people.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #17
mrlmd1

Join the club. The membership is growing daily.
Like I said before, it won't change - you have to realize there is a problem before you can take steps to correct it. So it becomes a question of tolerance by everyone else, how much bad behavior you can put up with before you have to speak out against it. Or, try to ignore it completely, but that's like rewarding the piss-poor behavior, so it continues if unchecked.
Instead of realizing that maybe you have a problem when multiple sources tell you about it, it's much easier to come back with some kind of excuse/lame attack on someone else rather than admitting you are at fault, like blaming the protester at Rand Paul's rally when she got thrown to the ground and her head stomped on that she should apologize for whatever she said that caused that a$$hole to stomp on her head. Nobody likes to hear any criticism about themselves, in any way. it's too painful, and fighting back is how you protect yourself. Denial and attack back is the usual defense, rather than listening to a truly constructive criticism and altering your behavior accordingly. I'm pretty sure all of us are nice guys in person, but in writing on here and avoiding face to face conversation, we shouldn't take on different personas.
All anybody has been asking for is a little restraint, a little kindness or compassion in replies to questions or responding to opinions, not a demeaning or derogatory response as is often the case. And there has to be something to it if it comes from so many people on so many sites besides here. Is that really so much to ask for? And so hard to do? It's also easy to say, "well that's just him, he speaks like that, he comes across like that, so we should let it pass". The rest of us don't, the rest of us don't irritate others like that, so it is he that should confirm to the norm, not everyone else making excuses or putting up with it.
I don't dislike anybody on here, I do dislike some behavior, it has been previously directed personally at me too, only deserved because I stood up against it. We shouldn't have to do that, we shouldn't have to have these discussions, we shouldn't need a Hot Topic thread in this forum - basically, this behavior should stop.
I would be glad to sit down with anyone over a beer or other beverage and be friends - this whole discussion is a bigger waste of energy, the point has been made many times, let's see if it can end. We all should read our posts, then reread them, before hitting the "submit" button, and realize what kind of effect our words may have on someone else. Be helpful, not hurtful. You don't like it when it happens to you, don't do it to someone else.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #18
b1pig

i can agree with 95% of all the stuff in this thread thus far. i've been active on internet forums since 2000... when i first got onto the web and found out what its all about. in that time, i've been on other forums where i was made to be the laughing stock of their group for something i did. as a user, i deleted the thread i started. (on that forum, the OP could delete their thread) the moderator being the flaming asshole he was, reopened the thread, stickied it and posted how i deleted my thread, but my "mistake" should be posted across the web for all to see. lameass. ofcourse i left the forum and i posted the link to that thread for all to see just what a load of assholes they were. out of a mass of members, ONE guy supported me and told them to lay off. he restated several things that i had already stated myself in previous posts to that thread, but it was taken at face value just because he said it. so. i've seen... and been the butt of worse that i've seen on here so far.

that forum put meaning to the saying "as long as there is internet, the weak will always have balls"

as for this.
some of it is silly. some of it is careless posting. alot of it is childish posturing.

i grew thick skin a long time ago. i'm a moderator on semi-large forum. (http://www.quadratecforum.com) and i make it my point to NOT post out of frustration or anger. still. we're all human.. and we can only take "so much" before making it plainly clear to everyone that we've had enough.

part of that 95% i agree with... i'll meet and have a drink with any one of you guys. we should always remember that sarcasm isnt as easily recognizable online as it in in person either.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #19
dentheman

THE END!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #20
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
THE END!
:plus1: