Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 11-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Jim Thorpe, Pa

Saturdays ride took me to Jim Thorpe, Pa and its famous train station where they still have train rides each weekend up into the mountains. Town was packed because of this. Had to ride through town 3 times till i found a spot to park the bike. VERY small town too. You can get through it in under a minute lol. Town was built around the train station pretty much.

Nice ride, very mountainous. Getting into town you decend a mountain. To your left right agains the road is one. To your right is a 1' rock wall then a cliff down to the river. Other side of the river is another mountain. Makes you feel like you are an ant. So i stopped and took some pics.

Shadow Album - Jim Thorpe

You can view my entire album (even the old GZ is in there) Here

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-28-2006, 06:14 AM   #2
Badbob

Nice Pics!

Thanks for sharing. Obviously there are parts of New Jersey that are not an industrial waste land. Unfortunately this is not where I get to got when I travel there for work.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #3
Bill

I'm jealous! Here I am in Florida and wasn't able to ride during Thanksgiving due to feeling a little under the weather. I had planned on riding to Ocala (central Florida) through the Ocala National Forest via A1A to St. Augustine. I suppose I could have made the trip but I have a personal policy of not riding if I don't feel 100%. Maybe after Christmas if the weather is clear (cold I can deal with).
Thanks for the write-up and pictures.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
I'm jealous! Here I am in Florida and wasn't able to ride during Thanksgiving due to feeling a little under the weather. I had planned on riding to Ocala (central Florida) through the Ocala National Forest via A1A to St. Augustine. I suppose I could have made the trip but I have a personal policy of not riding if I don't feel 100%. Maybe after Christmas if the weather is clear (cold I can deal with).
Thanks for the write-up and pictures.!
Have you ridden this before? Be sure to post a report. I'm very interested in riding in that area. Be sure to post a report.

I understand the 100% rule completely. Sounds like a very good rule to me.