Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 08-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #21
2wheelerwill

Re: My GZ

really there isn't much of anywhere to mount them further apart. Maybe under the fork tower. For now, they are just to say i have turn signals.

Ps- I know me hand signals arrrrrrrgg

Pss- Got the lowering kit on with some heavy handiness but its on there. Its kinda fun to ride lol I feel like a bobble head. Pics to come later, its time for dinner : D

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #22
emory70

yeah, i can see the critics chomping at the bit over them blinkers.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #23
Water Warrior 2

Maybe it's just me but I like bright noticeable signals and other needed lights. We have enough half blind cagers out there without making it more difficult for them to see us. Extra running lights and reflective tape are often the only hint to a cager that we really are not an illusion on the road. It might also make us a better target but at least one they can see the target easily. :biggrin:

Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #24
emory70

i wanna change the lights on mine for some led units. brighter, less current draw, and longer lasting. cooler looking would be a bonus. who am i kidding? the look is really all i want, but i don't want the bike to be invisible.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #25
2wheelerwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by emory70
i wanna change the lights on mine for some led units. brighter, less current draw, and longer lasting. cooler looking would be a bonus. who am i kidding? the look is really all i want, but i don't want the bike to be invisible.
Unfortunately the biggest source for these lights are the web and you never really know until you receive them in the mail. I don't know about where you live but i don't really have a selection of custom bike stuff available locally. If you have the money you can go to the dealership and get some custom stuff that are meant for other bikes and fit them to yours with some modifications.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #26
emory70

i hear ya. i'm still in the planning stage now. trying to figure out how i wanna cut up my fenders. trying to keep it a total package, not just an assortment of things i like. i used to work with a guy that did that to his 48 chevy coupe. everything he saw that he liked he slapped on that poor car.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #27
2wheelerwill

I'm on the fender stage also, I spose the best thing to do is start with the biggest design you have and work back. Its kinda hard to put back on what you've cut off lol. I also have plans to remount the fender and remove the mounting bar above, but that is only if I don't like what becomes of the stock fender. I did get white walls and was planning a rat rod style bike but I'm not sure what it will be at this point. The only sure thing is that it will be mine. I have been gettin some flack from my friends with motorcycles about putting money into this bike lol. They're just haters, hardly any of em can keep with my in the turns, and to me thats what riding a motorcycles all about, left, right, left, left, left, deja vu. lol
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #28
emory70

i would suggest getting a used fender to play with and practice on. if yer gonna cut a lot, i'd further suggest getting the underfender/support thingy. that's probably what i'm gonna do
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #29
UH40

Hey there 2wheelerwill

I am new to the Forum but I was sitting here reading stuff - I just recently (6 days ago) purchased a 2005 GZ250 and she is like new - sat in garage most of her life - However after taking her to a shop to get the Carb done, I thought the idle was too high - so I re-adjusted the idle lower, now I am reading here in your thread that the idle needs to be higher then one would expect? This bike is my 6th motorcycle, but I have never had one this small (249cc's) and never an air-cooled bike - does the 250 require a higher idle? I just yesterday finished a 1200 mile trip on her in 3 days and now I am hoping that I did not do any engine damage. I just cranked her up and she sounds fine engine wise... Still I am now thinking I should have trusted the mechanic and not my ears - hehehe

- UH40
Old 08-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #30
Water Warrior 2

I think the idle specs call for 1300-1400 RPM at idle. This will promote oil circulation and better breathing to help cool the bike at stops. Easy will correct me if I am wrong. :lol: :lol: