Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 03-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
gz250dude

New Suzuki GZ250 Owner in Acworth, GA!

New GZ250 owner as of last weekend and I so far I am loving it. After having owned the Helix for a year and learning how capable 250cc's are I bought the GZ and so far I am loving it to. I love the great gas mileage and keeping lots of miles off my burgman 400 which is my long distance touring bike.

Here is all 3 of my bikes, from left to right I have a 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400, 1999 Honda Helix & now the 2009 Suzuki GZ250

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Welcome dude. Always glad to have a new member join us.

Question for you. How does the Burgie compare to the GZ for highway and long distance rides??
Old 03-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
gz250dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Welcome dude. Always glad to have a new member join us.

Question for you. How does the Burgie compare to the GZ for highway and long distance rides??
Well truth is its hard for me to say yet, but I will tell you for long distance travel I've never owned anything as comfortable as the Burgman 400. It also has power for two up loaded down riding at 80+ mph or in the mountains. But tonight is the first time on the highway for me on the GZ and I was blown away. It got up 70-75mph very easily and I pushed it to 80mph just to see if it would and it did. My Honda Helix will run 70mph all day but your pretty tapped out at that point, but the GZ was doing that easier.

Hard to compare it to the Burgman though its 400cc with 38hp I think or maybe 32hp. I can't remember. But I love this GZ and I need to get a tank bag for it. I know Honda says the Helix can handle 70mph as long as your butt can, but I wonder if the GZ is comfortable for distance riding at that speed to. I worry since its air cooled, but it doesn't sound wound out to me at all. I am going to find that site that shows the RPM's at speeds to see what its turning at that point.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:55 AM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Thanks for your reply. You may be surprised at the comfort level of the GZ on a longer ride, the determining factor is your body size. Lynda, my SO rode her GZ on a 3000 mile trip with no complaints except for the engine performance in headwinds and long grades. 60 mph was a nice comfy speed on secondary highways with a lot of gear strapped on. She did upgrade to a much larger bike after 3 seasons of riding but credits her riding skills to the GZ and it's ability to not intimidate a new rider.
From what I've read about the Burgie 400 they are very satisfying and a definite long distance runner. Looking forward to your experiences on your stable of bikes.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
gz250dude

Yeah I've made so many wonderful trips on my Burgman - the memories live on everyday! I share all my adventures here even if they are not on the GZ

Old 03-16-2015, 08:17 AM   #6
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

You're very close to me and you've got a bike identical to what I had.
You'll love these things. They're great bikes.
Welcome to the forum!