Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
New GZ250

Why?

My wife said people on scooters looked like dorks! So see "allowed" me to purchase the smallest motorcycle available. Am I'm happy ? Yes she paid for it, but I wished I could of bought a bike in the 500=750 range! Am i an ungrateful husband/ Find most women are very controlling and ... But she did pay for the GZ...

What do you think? Be grateful and/or...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Moedad

Re: Why?

For the time being, enjoy the bike. After she's watched you get a few thousand miles under your belt, revisit the question of whether she is controlling or not.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Baby steps. You have to start somewhere. Your wife is probably just more concerned with your health and welfare than you might think. Enjoy what you have for now. After you have gained more experience and the missus realizes you can and do ride safely she may lean toward an upgrade without having any fear of becoming a widow. Wives are like that you know. Personally I think she is a keeper. She bought you your bike, how many hubbies can say that ????
Always ride safe, keep the bike well maintained so it doesn't leave you stranded. Your wife has confidence in your abilities but she might need to develop confidence in bikes.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Baby steps. You have to start somewhere. Your wife is probably just more concerned with your health and welfare than you might think. Enjoy what you have for now. After you have gained more experience and the misses realizes you can and do ride safely she may lean toward an upgrade without having any fear of becoming a widow. Wives are like that you know. Personally I think she is a keeper. She bought you your bike, how many hubbies can say that ????
Always ride safe, keep the bike well maintained so it doesn't leave you stranded. Your wife has confidence in your abilities but she might need to develop confidence in bikes.
I know you are right she is a keeper, just wish she would of let "us" had a bigger bike' Talking about keepers you are a real asset to this forum, really you have a new prospective. Thanks for your input, but I'm like a lot of us wish we had a larger... Great she put out the money for a new bike for my 60th!
God Bless Canadians as I'm one of the blessed ones!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
dhgeyer

Be grateful. Be very grateful. The GZ may not be the biggest or fastest bike in the world, but it is, for me at least, one of the most fun bikes I've ever ridden. It's perfect to learn on. It's one of the models they use in the training courses. After riding it for a year or two, you may or may not want something bigger. Most people do, but a few don't. The GZ gets over 80 miles per gallon on regular gas, is easy to handle, and, well, like I said, FUN! That's what we're trying to have here, isn't it?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
burkbuilds

Wives will eventually come around just give it some time, for example, about 28 years ago, I mentioned that I was thinking of buying a motorcycle, she began crying and sobbing "you're gonna die", so I said, " No, no, don't cry , I won't get a motorcycle!" but 26 years later I said, "Baby, I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle." and she said, "Just be sure your life insurance is paid up!" See, they come around! First I got the GZ, then a year and 12,000 miles later I got a Vulcan 500, just be patient!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #7
dannylightning

just tell the wife its not a safe bike, you need something that will haul ass so you can excape certin death hhahahaha.. she will say well we better get you a bigger bike than..

the gz is a great little bike, if you are already wishing you had something bigger you probably always gonna want something bigger. words of winsom try to appreciate what you have while you have it. be great full you have a bike and when it comes time to upgrade it wil be worth the wait, you dont want to get something really nice and drop it after 2 weeks

even tho i had this huge urge to get a bigger bike right off the bat i stuck with my gz for a while till i found a killer deal on a used bike. some times i would think i regretted the little gz but when i actually got out on the bike i had fun and forgot about it. after my ride i would start to think i want something bigger, cooler and faster. just take it for what it is, ride that thing and have fun for now..

remember its your first bike. and usually the first one (what ever it may be) is your practice toy to see if you are any good at it or enjoy it enough that you dont loose interest in it.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #8
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Relationships are all about give and take / love and respect.

The woman obviousbly respects you enough to buy you A bike. So take that gift and appreciate it and show her how much you love her by being happy with the compromise.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Wives will eventually come around just give it some time, for example, about 28 years ago, I mentioned that I was thinking of buying a motorcycle, she began crying and sobbing "you're gonna die", so I said, " No, no, don't cry , I won't get a motorcycle!" but 26 years later I said, "Baby, I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle." and she said, "Just be sure your life insurance is paid up!" See, they come around! First I got the GZ, then a year and 12,000 miles later I got a Vulcan 500, just be patient!
HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Reminds me of a CourtTV plot.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist

I have a 1300 and I ride my wife's GZ more often than I do it. Unless I'm planning on going for a longer ride, the GZ is just more fun. It's nimble as hell.

I'm not saying larger bikes don't have advantages; I'm just saying don't automatically think of "small" as equating to "worse".