Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 08-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
burkbuilds

Traffic jams & "riding the shoulder"

Yesterday I got stuck in a major traffic jam on I-75 near the I-24 split. I don't know what was causing the problems but traffic was crawling for miles, stop and go maybe 5mph top speed at best. There were 4 highway lanes and a full shoulder on each side. The shoulder outside the "fast lane" has a concrete barrier wall separating it from traffic going the opposite direction. It was hot, mid 90's no breeze and 80% humidity and I thought about getting onto one of the shoulder lanes and riding down past the traffic jam until I noticed this. A man was riding the shoulder on a big bike with a girl doubled up behind him, they were probably going about 20 mph down through there and in about 1/4 mile I saw 4 automobile veer out and try to hit him or drive him into the concrete barrier wall. Man, how crazy are these people? Who was that guy hurting by riding down the shoulder? I couldn't believe these cars were trying to hurt this guy just because he wasn't going to sit in traffic with them because he had other "options". After seeing that I decided to just take my lumps with the heat and wait it out. Took me about 45 minutes to go a mile.

Any of you guys ever had cars try to make you wreck on purpose?

Login or Register to Remove Ads