Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 11-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
Yushhh

Hello from San Antonio

Hey guys, bought my first bike a month or so ago, a 2001 gz250 with 750 original miles. I figured I'd start with something on the smaller side, both physically and power. I've put on about 300 miles on it already, just cruising around the city, and I'm bummed that I may not have much comfortable riding weather left.

The reason I signed up (along with joining what seems to be a sweet community of people with the same bike) is to see if anyone had any recomendations for parts for a more minimalistic look, I guess a bobber. I'm mostly referring to the fenders. My innitial plan was to just remove them both but after reading through some forums I think I'd rather have them and avoid debris and rooster tails.

That said, I'd either like to swap em with smaller replacements or, if nothing else, see about hacking away and shaping the current parts myself. I'd like to keep the original parts for the possibility of selling in the future.

I found a rear fender that I thought would work on ebay but apparently it doesn't fit my year

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Rear-F...3D161464468305

Thanks in advance,
Yushhh

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-06-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
gz4me +

Welcome to the forum. There are a few on here that will shime in with some ideas for you. The GZ is a fun bike to tinker with. Enjoy the forum and the bike. Please post some pictures of the fender mods. That would help others that are wanting to do the same. Good luck!!! looking forward to see final project.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Welcome. We will be looking forward to your mods.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #4
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

There have been some pretty decent results over the years with people chopping and sculpting their stock fenders and then just lowering them on the forks, for example, by simply drilling new pilot holes above the old ones.

If you're handy with a dremel, then this is a nice little project that won't take you more than a couple of hours.

I highly recommend that you keep some type of fender - if you don't...well, I'm sure you've read some of the responses. You will simply be amazed at how absolutely nasty you can get without fenders.