Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 10-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #31
blaine

Re: Major fuel problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaindrive
Hello,

Well gang it kicked my behind. I worked on it all day with no improvemnet. I gave up this afternoon and took it to the dealer. Sorry I copped out but just wasn't getting anywhere but more frustrated. Thanks for all the help. Regards, Chaindrive.
Let us know what the dealer finds out.Good luck. :cool: :roll:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 AM   #32
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Hello,

Well gang it kicked my behind. I worked on it all day with no improvemnet. I gave up this afternoon and took it to the dealer. Sorry I copped out but just wasn't getting anywhere but more frustrated. Thanks for all the help. Regards, Chaindrive.
Don't feel bad about the lack of success. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. Let us know what the dealer finds.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #33
chaindrive

Hello the camp,

Went to the dealer yesterday morning to check on progress of repair. Well, hunting season is here and you know how it is, maybe in 3 to 4 weeks. Yeah. I picked up the bike yesterday afternoon and brought it home. (No Charge) I took the carb off this morning and took it to my shop. I printed off the pages of the service manual for carb repair and took them with me. Ripped it apart I did!! Anything that would come off was removed. I put B-12 chemtool in a metal coffee can and dropped in all the parts and the carb. (No rubber or plastic) Soaked the sucker for about 3 hours and then blew it all out with 110 psi air. Sprayed B-12 in every hole I could fine and did the 110 psi air again. Put it all back together and checked the float for proper adjustment. Put the carb on the bike and primed the bowl. Turned it to ON after about 15 or 20 seconds. Checked the oil level just to be sure. Turned on the ignition and hit the starter. The engine fired off on the first turn and came down to about 900 rpm. I tried it three or four times and then rode it on the highway for 6 miles. Idles great and runs very smooth. I put 2 ounces of seafoam in the tank and I think I am good to go. Thanks for all the help and encouragement. See you on the road or the forum. Chaindrive

Old 10-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #34
blaine

Quote:
The engine fired off on the first turn and came down to about 900 rpm. I tried it three or four times and then rode it on the highway for 6 miles. Idles great and runs very smooth.
Congratulations on beating the beast.Your idle when warm should be around 1300 rpm,any lower and your engine will not get proper lubrication.
:2tup:

Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #35
Water Warrior 2

Way to go. Success is always a reason to smile. Give yourself a pat on the back. :2tup:

Old 10-21-2010, 03:40 AM   #36
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
I took the carb off this morning and took it to my shop. I printed off the pages of the service manual for carb repair and took them with me. Ripped it apart I did!! Anything that would come off was removed. I put B-12 chemtool in a metal coffee can and dropped in all the parts and the carb. (No rubber or plastic) Soaked the sucker for about 3 hours and then blew it all out with 110 psi air. Sprayed B-12 in every hole I could fine and did the 110 psi air again. Put it all back together and checked the float for proper adjustment. Put the carb on the bike and primed the bowl. Turned it to ON after about 15 or 20 seconds. Checked the oil level just to be sure. Turned on the ignition and hit the starter. The engine fired off on the first turn and came down to about 900 rpm. I tried it three or four times and then rode it on the highway for 6 miles. Idles great and runs very smooth.
Today sir, you are a Manly Man! (Wish I could be one...) Congratulations on beating that sucker into submission. Keep riding it regular like if your weather permits.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:01 AM   #37
b1pig

i think like chaindrive and myself....

we're all confirming with certainty that the carb on this bike is finicky and super-sensitive to any contamination at all.

i wonder if actually installing separate cutoff valve between the tank and carb would resolve some of that, (allowing us to burn off whats in the carb) to prevent deposits in the carb.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:29 AM   #38
chaindrive

I am going to stop by Auto-Zone today and pick up a small in-line filter to put in the hose between the fuel valve and the carb. This won't hurt anything, and just might stop something from getting into the carb. Just a thought.