Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 10-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
alanmcorcoran

Arcadia, cool and rainy

Had a grant committee meeting today at the home of one of the other committee members. She lives up in Arcadia, about 33 miles from here. Trip took me back through some of my old bicycle riding territory. At one point, had to detour around a water main break on Hacienda and got to hit the twisties on West Rd.

[pbss:33o88g3p]http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/alanmcorcoran/Arcadia/?action=view&current=29b2f499.pbw[/pbss:33o88g3p]

I rendez-vous'd with her and another committeeperson at her house and we hit the local Claim Jumper for some lunch and agenda items. I didn't take my camera to our meeting, but I included some photos from our benefit last week.

Last night I was out and about and got quite cold on the bike for the first time. It was probably about 60, so it was surprising to me I'd be cold. I was wearing my usual outfit: black t-shirt under ICON jacket. I had unzipped the lining since I had it - usually it's brutally hot. Today was cool weather again, so I put the lining's back in to the jacket and my touring pants. After we came out of the meeting, it was raining so I got to experience riding in a rain shower. Fortunately, it didn't keep raining very long. With ATG on, and the full lid, the only place exposed to the weather was my neck. Have to look into something for that. Also, I missed the little "squeegees" that come on the thumbs of my ski gloves (for squeegee-ing ski-goggles) The rain doesn't wick off the face shield much - could use some wipers on there.

Had one "Ack!" moment making a very gentle right turn. Even though there was nothing but wet road, the bike lost traction for a second and slid a little. I used my feet to re-establish balance. Probably not recommended. No other slippage. The roads were half dry for most of the return and I was able to keep the speed up to regular limits (40-55, depending)

A little over 1200 miles now and feeling like a veteran... Tomorrow I plan a 140 mile ride to Malibu.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: Arcadia, cool and rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Even though there was nothing but wet road, the bike lost traction for a second and slid a little.
A road consists of: Lane lines, cross walks, arrows, written messages, tar snakes, etc. .......ALL of which are more slick than the pavement when they are wet.

You've really got it tough. That blonde you are hanging all over is really UGLY !! :neener:
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
alanmcorcoran

Yeah, very tough to be me. Here's another rough sitch from the same event...

Old 10-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Yeah, very tough to be me.
Ok, that does it. I'm calling Bubba Joe Bob right now to go out and kick your ass! :skull:

:crackup
Old 10-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #5
Easy Rider

Quote:
Here's another rough sitch from the same event...
Well, you aren't the only one who gets to hang around with cute blonds.

I worked the Carrie Underwood concert in my fair city last Thursday.

I got to be her personal body guard......mmmm....ok, I really just got to guard her bus.....mmmm....oh, hell, I was just at the stage door where the busses were parked !! :roll:

But I DID get to chat with her briefly and got to pet her puppy; his name is Ace.
The camera does NOT do her justice. She is one FINE southern belle !!!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
alanmcorcoran

I go for the skinny blond chicks and I believe Carrie qualifies If I remember who she is correctly.

Too bad I mostly just get my picture taken with 'em.

Not a big country music fan, but, ironically, it's my best genre on the piano (I play a lot of Floyd Cramer... some actually almost passable.)

Was Carrie the one that asked Jesus to take the wheel? (Also, for those of you in the know, is this service available for bikers? Sometimes I think it'd be cool if Jesus could just get me into first gear after a panic stop.)
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
Easy Rider

Quote:
Was Carrie the one that asked Jesus to take the wheel? (Also, for those of you in the know, is this service available for bikers? Sometimes I think it'd be cool if Jesus could just get me into first gear after a panic stop.)
Yes, I think so. I'm not a big country fan either.....except for Southern Rock......but a cute little (5'0") 22 year old sweet as pie blond singer probably could change my mind......if she tried hard enough! :biggrin:

As for Jesus and first gear, it's like Lee Travino said about getting hit by lightening: Just hold up a 1 iron; even God can't hit a 1 iron !! Same with Jesus and first gear. :roll: