Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
Regular Guy

Hello to everyone,

I ride a 2002 GZ250. I use it every day as a commuter bike and general transpoertation. I have done some mods: Drilled the jet opend the air box some, drilled the muffler, 16 T front sprocket, fabricated a rack that has underwent several evolutions and is now super strong. I have mounted to the rack a large industrial grade Fibre Form insulated instrument box that was surplus from an anlayzer job I did some years back and though it is ugly it is very funtional and that is what I am into on this bike. I use it like a pack mule for work, shopping, etc. I have done one adaptation some of you may be interested in. I adapted a windshield I bought out of JC Whitney called an F15 Touring style windshield. It is produced by National Cycle costs about $ 96.00. I forgot the exact model number if someone is interested I will try and get it or can call JC Whiney up and they can probably tell me the exact part number I ordered, but what is unique about this shield is that it does not clamp on to the handle bars at all. It is designed for older and bigger bikes like BMW's, Triumphs, Big Suzuki's, etc. and is made to clamp on the two large bolts on the side of headlight. I bought it with the idea that I would make my own bracket anyway, but much to my surprise, it bolted right on to the turn signal mounts straight out of the box. The reason I chose this style windshield instead of a handle bar clamp style was because I had a lousy experience with that type on my old "76 KZ750, and though I am sure they probably have improved them since then, I just thought I would avoid that kind if possible. Anyways, it installed very cleanly, no clutter on the bars and is strong. I like it a lot.

Added some reflective tape to be seen and night, some large bubble truck mirrors on the fork tubes to eliminate blind spots, some clip on bicycle led strobes for foggy weather ( these are great , they attach to a quick connect system that stays on the rear blinker tube and are super bright, not expensive either) + I use an old zenon fired strobe i had lying around on the rear for really foggy conditions. A little squeak horn because it amuses my three year old son, some small spot mirrors on my regular mirrors and that's about the main stuff.

Login or Register to Remove Ads