Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 08-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
dhgeyer

Greetings from Lake Placid, NY!

Hi Everyone!

I saw a run of no rain, and no unbearable cold or heat for ten days straight in the forecast. I mowed the lawn, loaded the Beemer, kissed the wife, and took off Friday morning. It's only 253 miles to Lake Placid, NY, and I've been meaning to get up here again. I was here in the Spring of 2009 before the tourist season got going, and wanted to see it when it was in the full swing. So I rode up yesterday, just hanging out today, and head back tomorrow. Not a major trip, but a beautiful ride.

What a great gem of a resort village this is! Unfortunately I didn't think to bring the adapter to unload pics to the hotel computer, so the photos will have to wait till I get back. No card slots on the hotel computers - I checked. The village sits on Mirror Lake, one of those small gems of a lake that are all over the beautiful Adirondack region. Lots and lots of cool shops, the 1980 Winter Olympic arena, tons of places to eat, wall to wall tourists, which is kind of nice. I got a great price on a beautiful room with a view of the village and the lake for two nights. My room even has a porch to take in the view! I'm having a great time!

Oh, and I rented a Segway again this morning. You can do that here. This time no tour - no ducks in a row - just me and the gadget for an hour. I went exploring around the lake and all over the village, and had a better chance to "see what she'd do" unconstrained by supervision. I must say Segways are a blast!

Login or Register to Remove Ads