Old 12-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #21
raul10141964

set the pilot jet to 2.5-3 turns to control the back fire

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #22
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsRedLineRacer View Post
So if I decide to rejet while I wait for the exhaust would a 135 work? Would I need to change any of the other ones?
or should I just be patient? It was making a funny noise from the valves from time to time wich makes me scared that im running extra lean.

I will probably be ordering the pipe tonight and tomorrow doing an oil change and adding a sealant to the valve cover.
Yep a #135 would be a good start.You should also adjust the pilot jet even with the original muffler.They are set very lean from the factory.Set with bike running warm for fastest & smoothest idle. (out is rich...in is lean)

Old 12-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #23
JsRedLineRacer

Ok so i called my local shop and they have the jets so i will be buying a 130, 135, and 140.

The bike will start and turn off right away for like the first 10 or 15 times and then it will finally accept some throttle and stay on. well under the condition that the choke is on and i have it on prime. if i switch it to on it wont stay on and if i take the choke off it will die.

As far as the pilot jet, i started taking apart the carb when i realized that from the diagrams it is the screw that is on the bottom outside. however it was lose and i tried opening it a little more and it did nothing for the bike. should i put it all the way in and then do the 2.5-3 turns out? it seemed like it would go in forever when i started to tighten it.

Also what do you think about this one? will it fit?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-UNIVERSA...dfb08c&vxp=mtr

EMGO turn-out muffler, looks like it will be way to loud for me. Any opinions on these?

Thanks for all your help

Old 12-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #24
blaine

Yep 2 1/2 turns from lightly seated. The muffler looks fine.Check the back of the petcock to see if the vacuum line is attached.The petcock needs vacuum to run in the "on" position.Also if that vacuum line is leaking you will never get the bike to idle or run properly.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #25
JsRedLineRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine View Post
Yep 2 1/2 turns from lightly seated. The muffler looks fine.Check the back of the petcock to see if the vacuum line is attached.The petcock needs vacuum to run in the "on" position.Also if that vacuum line is leaking you will never get the bike to idle or run properly.

next time ill have to double check. it was unpluged this time i could have sworn i put it back both times.

just to confirm i tighten until i felt the jet start touching the rubber and then went back 2 1/2 turns.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #26
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsRedLineRacer View Post
next time ill have to double check. it was unpluged this time i could have sworn i put it back both times.

just to confirm i tighten until i felt the jet start touching the rubber and then went back 2 1/2 turns.
Yep.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #27
JsRedLineRacer

Ok so i made sure it was plugged in this time and took off. open pipe and a 137.5 main jet (they charged me $15 dollars for it) and 2and3/4 turns on the pilot jet the leaking from the top seemed to stop after i put some gasket stuff on it however it also apprears to be leaking from some lower parts.

Here is a video of how it sounds right now. should i go to a bigger jet since i still get some backfire. Nowhere near how it was at first but its still there.

How can i know which jet i need to buy from ebay so i dont spend so much on the next few jets?

it cut off on me while stopped at a light with the vacum hose connected had to change the petcock to prime to get it to cut on then at home i put it back to on and it seemed to run fine so not sure what happened.

Still getting some white smoke. What could this be? will it stop? it has been used less than 5 miles since i got it to run want to be sure im not going to brake anything before i use it to go to work.

anyways would like some feedback on what you guys think as far as what you can see from the video what do i need to do?

I got it for 500 and so far i have spent about a little less than 100 to get it to where it is.still missing a few hundred more to get it to where i want it. Good deal?

Again thanks for all your help.

Last edited by JsRedLineRacer; 12-21-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #28
raul10141964

read dis document it explain the tuning of the carb
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2cpdf
Old 12-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #29
Water Warrior 2

Get a proper pipe on it before you go to a larger jet than you are using now. It will run better with a little back pressure from the muffler. The bottom end power will be better too.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #30
JsRedLineRacer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-UNIVERSA...dfb08c&vxp=mtr

Its already on the way as well as the master brake cylinder and the fuel filter. Do you guys think that if i drive it like this it will cause any problems or should i be ok?