Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2020, 05:14 PM   #1
DriverTJ

Spark issue

Ok buckle in this is a long one.
2001 Suzuki GZ250

I bought this bike from a friend, who told me he was riding the bike and it died on him. He thought it was the ignition, so he bought a OEM replacement. Turns out that ignition wasn’t the correct one. So he started messing with the wires trying to Hotwire it, couldn’t get it to spark. He then then sold the bike to me.

I get the bike, won’t crank, replace the ignition with the correct OEM ignition. Cranks but Still no spark.
I did a volt tester on the ignition coil, it seemed to be ok, alittle weak but ok. I bought a new CDI because he burnt up the old one trying to Hotwire the previous ignition. Still no spark.
I figured it must be the ignition coil, bought a replacement, still no spark.

That’s it game time, I unwrapped all the wires, started looking for frayed or cut wires. Didn’t find any, so I got the wiring diagram online. Started tracing every single wire to make sure it’s correct, looks to be correct but still no spark. One of the wires orange and white has constant power, which it didn’t before replacing the CDI but still I think it’s a problem with the white wire.

I’ve spent 6 months trying to figure this out, I’d perfer not taking it to a mechanic, so I’m reaching out here for my last Hope before I hand it over to the mechanics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads