Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #11
Jruffy

Send a message via MSN to Jruffy
Well....

In other places law enforcement may be smarter but were I live There dumb as rocks..... (dont get me started) .. My point is I still want directions on how to adjust the mix and also if it is a crome tube I could just Use the repair pipe off my wrecked car LOL.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #12
Easy Rider

Re: Well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jruffy
My point is I still want directions on how to adjust the mix and also if it is a crome tube I could just Use the repair pipe off my wrecked car LOL.
Help yourself out a bit and look around (search) on here. Other threads already cover (probably) everything you want to know. After that, if you have some specific questions, you will get good answers.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #13
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Well, with a little welding you could use a cherry bomb if you wanted lol. I covered the mix in the 'howto' for this mod. Basically i started from stock, went 1/4 turn rich, rode it, another 1/4 turn, rode it ... till i felt it was riding like it should. I put enough miles on it to know when it was running hot/lean. So that helped in getting the mix set right.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #14
CANDY

loud pipe for gz

this weekend my husband took his trusty drill and put (5) 1/2" holes in the end of my baffle. approx. 6" deep. my little thumper really thumps now instead of purrs. we rode all day after the modification and i got 219 miles on 2.7 gallons of 93.5 gas. i've been using 93 - 93.5 octane since i have had it and the best i could do was 78 mpg. today translates to roughly 81 mpg. my bike is only 3 months old,so that may have something to do with it. i just know i love the sound now.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #15
rayzuki

has anyone else drilled holes? It sounds like an easy way to get a little volume but, I don't want to do anything yet without a little more feedback on this.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #16
davidc83

Raysuki, my little gz has 4 holes drilled in the baffle (was this way when I bought it). It has a little more thump than oem. My profile pictures has a view of the muffler with the 4 holes.

Dupo: sorry man, but motorcylists are losing rights due to loud pipes. One city in Colorada (may be Denver ?? or Colorado city?) has already outlawed any sound louder than OEM and require stickers placed on the bikes. Without the stickers, they cannot get license plates and get fines or impounded. I believe in people's rights, however, no one has a right to ride a motocycle (or drive a car); it is a privilege granted by our home states. If people do not follow the rules associated with the privilege, than we loose the right to complain when the privilege is removed. Our 'rights' end where other 'rights' begin. I like the sound of a good thump, but hate loud sounds period. Loud sounds literally hurt my ears and loud sounds hurt others' ears also; one reason I never have been to a concert.

Dupo: I thought you sold your gz when you bought the shadow. Did you buy another gz??
Old 11-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #17
rayzuki

david, do you have a pic handy you can post?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #18
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
They have noise ordinances everywhere. Even in the town i live in. Every inspection station in town requires to have baffles installed or they wont pass you. PA has an 85 db law in place.

You know what though, when you get your bike inspected you toss in your stock or BCT baffles for the inspection then take them out afterwards. I have also NEVER seen them setup somewhere with noise level equipment. Even if they did, they better be darn sure they are exactly 50' away while they 'test' your db level and they better be darn sure they have that calibrated and anything else that would get the ticket thrown out. I have a friend who went thru the police academy here and said they rarely even carry sound enforcement equipment in their vehicles. If you arent being a dick about the loudness of the pipes they leave you alone. If you are being a dick, you'd probably see a reckless driving ticket along with an excessive noise ticket. Can almost guarantee they wont be breaking out the sound equipment and measuring out 50' then have you drive by just to get you on a db level rap lol. Way too much work for them when they can just hit you with reckless driving (which, if you're being too loud, you're probably riding like a dumbass).

Yea i sold the GZ a year ago David. But i still own the place and still encourage people to buy a GZ as their first bike

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 11-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #19
davidc83

Raysuki, go to http://www.gz250bike.com/viewtopic.php?t=181

You may have to save the picture to your computer and use your built in photo editing software and increase the size to see the baffle. It is the bottom of the four pictures
Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #20
CANDY

rayzuki

here is a picture of my gz250 with the pipe drilled and my stereo system mounted. it consists of a 100w amplifier mounted next to the side cover ,the speakers on the bars and my mp3 player hanging below my throttle. the pipes have a great sound and i can still hear my music without blasting anyone. i have since mounted a new tailpipe,i won't call it a muffler because it doesn't muffle anything. i will send a picture of it when i get it.