Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 08-22-2009, 02:56 AM   #11
gripped

Re: Trouble getting it into neutral and 1st gear

i learned that if you're having problems getting into 1st from N, release the clutch completely and then close again. it'll work. 100% for me.

Had a friend tell me just the other day that he forgot that he was in neutral when the light turned green. He gave a bit of throttle, simultaneously realizing he had to shift down while quickly reacting to the traffic that was waiting/coming up behind him, and ended up unintentionally getting a full vertical wheelie on his ducati into the biggest intersections in the neighborhood. :lol: (no one was hurt so that's got to be one of the funniest stories i've heard on a bike) it was even better because he was totally not bragging but giving me the "holy sh!t" look on his face.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

We all seem to have a blonde moment on ocassion. Had a good one myself way back when. First at the lights and waiting for the green. Light turns green, I opened up the throttle to max and dumped the clutch. Silly bike spun the tire half way across the intersection before it hooked up. Then I was gone like a shoot. Never underestimate the power of a 750 at full throttle when it finally hooks up. And yes, I just sat there and hung till my blonde moment passed.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #13
dhgeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Light turns green, I opened up the throttle to max and dumped the clutch.
I did pretty close to that (not quite wide open, and not quite a "dump") with my Vulcan 500 LTD soon after I bought it. I was actually trying to make a quick start, but totally underestimated the bike's power. Front wheel came up about a foot off the ground. Scared the Hell out of me. Only wheelie I've ever done. Or ever want to do.

Login or Register to Remove Ads