Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 05-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
rusty rider

My ride in the bahamas

I just got back from a carnival cruise to the Bahamas that my wife has always wanted to take. Our first port of call was to be Freeport but due to high winds we were unable to port that day, and we proceeded to Nassau, Bahamas. When I awake the next morning we are docked, and I look out my window and I can see the city, and about 500 scooters for rent. :rawk: I immediately think freedom to set our course for the day on the Island, and see how the people who live there "live". :oops:

The first thing that I notice after the rental is that every car truck, and pedestrian's goal is to kill us. I didn't immediately realize that you have to drive on the left side of the road. Speed limits are just suggestions, as well as stop signs, and traffic lights. As we were approaching a traffic light it turned yellow so I slowed to a stop. From behind I can hear the squealing of some rather large tires on a rather large flatbed truck bearing down on us. My wife is screaming to go go go, into some very fast cross traffic. My buddy in the other lane said that the seat on the scooter dis-appeared into our backsides as they puckered up to be ran over.

My wife finally quit having her eyes open, and the other couple riding with us had this wild eyed stare going on O_o

We rode for about 5 hours on these 125cc scooters and they were pretty quick considering the combat zone we were riding in. Personally it was a blast, but with my wife on the back I had to be more cautious than I might with out here there.

So any new riders out there that would like to go on a cruise, and learn defensive driving go to Nassau :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Hahahaha. Good story. It's always fun experiencing traffic in other places.

Any photos?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
rusty rider

Not yet, but should have some photos in the next week or so. When I get them I will post them. The islands were beautiful, and the ocean was un-believable. Since the largest body of water around here is the Wabash river we were in awe of all the beauty of the ocean and the island.

Login or Register to Remove Ads