Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #21
dannylightning

Re: biek sputtering in the cold weather (non GZ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Danny, check out Motorcycle-Journal Forum. Lots of good info and rider/owner experience. Intruder Alert is also a great forum. Having met the forum owner personally I would say he a great guy and lives on 2 wheels.
intruder alert has been down for a few days now. ill check out that other forum. thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
dannylightning

well i just ordered a new set of pipes and a jet kit for my bike. hopefully it takes care of the problem. too bad they wont be in till next week some time.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #23
dannylightning

Quote:
Danny, check out Motorcycle-Journal Forum. Lots of good info and rider/owner experience. Intruder Alert is also a great forum. Having met the forum owner personally I would say he a great guy and lives on 2 wheels.
thank you for telling me about the motorcycle journal site i just got detailed directions with pictures on how to install the jet kit, looks like there is nothing to it. well except the little o ring they said is hard to get back in place

hopefully i wont have to ask any more non gz questions on here now that i found what seems like a good forum.

thanks every one..

Old 10-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #24
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Post back to let us know how it went.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #25
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
Post back to let us know how it went.
ill do that, parts probably wont be in till next week some time, hopefully the weather wont be too cold by than to get out and ride the bike after i get it all done.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #26
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
Quote:
thank you for telling me about the motorcycle journal site i just got detailed directions with pictures on how to install the jet kit, looks like there is nothing to it. well except the little o ring they said is hard to get back in place

hopefully i wont have to ask any more non gz questions on here now that i found what seems like a good forum.

thanks every one..

Always glad to help. I did join that forum and had a bunch of questions about Lynda's "M". The info was almost overwhelming and helped to find a lot of stuff I would never track down on my own. Now we just have to get Alan and his Liner over there too.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #27
dannylightning

Always glad to help. I did join that forum and had a bunch of questions about Lynda's "M". The info was almost overwhelming and helped to find a lot of stuff I would never track down on my own. Now we just have to get Alan and his Liner over there too.[/quote]

i happed to run into easy rider over there also, pretty soon well all be there lol.

i was looking at one of those strats today not to buy or any thing just checking out the crazy monster pipes on that thing.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:21 AM   #28
alantf

Quote:
probably wont be in till next week some time, hopefully the weather wont be too cold by than
Seems strange to hear that. September/October is our hottest time of the year
Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #29
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
probably wont be in till next week some time, hopefully the weather wont be too cold by than
Seems strange to hear that. September/October is our hottest time of the year
august and September are the hot months here, if you consider 85-90 hot. some times it get up to 100 but not often. in october it starts to cool down, by the end of October its usually getting nice and chilly. november quite chilly, December, January, and February and even part of march you can see lows well below 0 and your lucky if you get a high in the low 30's end of march or early april it starts to get nice out again.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #30
dannylightning

Well i installed my new cobra pipes and i installed my jet kit, than i put in my K&N air filter and started it up, would not start, i pulled the one side of the carb back apart and sure enough i forgot to put this tiny little o ring back on. I stuck that back on, put the gas tank back on. fired it up a few times, as soon as the carb filled back up with gas it purred like a kitten.

it speeds up a bit faster (nothing incredible but very noticeable) what i did notice was that i was doing 40mph in first gear, I usually only get up to 20 or 25 and shift, 30mph is usually pushing it in first gear now 40mph is kind of pushing it in 1st gear.

it sounds good and looks good and i gained some performance. no complaints except that its raining and i had to take my bike out in the rain to test it out.

installing a jet kit is easy if you get good directions with pictures, or if you already know what your doing lol. just double and tipple check you have put every thing back together the way it came out. installing a main or pilot jet is cake but when putting in a new needle there are a bunch of little springs and washers, there is also a tiny o ring and a diaphragm that must be put back and properly seated before it goes back together, still easy just got to make sure all the little things in the right order and stuck back in properly.

but from what i can tell my problem is fixed.