Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 10-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #61
dannylightning

Re: biek sputtering in the cold weather (non GZ)

this clothing set up seems to be working quite well, while out on this last ride the temp sign said it was 43 degrees. and i was not cold at all.

layer 1 (well of course underwear and socks but well skip that)
underarmour cold gear long underwear type pants and matching long sleeve underarmour cold gear shirt

layer 2

t shirt, blue jeans,

layer 3, underarmour cold gear hooded sweat shirt, harley boots that come halfway up my legs, seirus thick-n-thin head liner(face and neck mask)

layer 4 , full face helmet, my motorcycle jacket, snow pant bib overall, harley gore-tex winter gloves(as of so far they block out wind 100%),

i will be testing this tonight on the short freeway ride to the bar (no i wont be drinking) just go hang out with my friends, watch my tv show and drink soda, the low should be down to 37 degrees tonight. so that should put it to a good test.

wish me luck on not freezing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #62
Water Warrior 2

SOCKS, what kind of socks................. :lol: I wear Merino wool socks and they are the bomb. No itching and fit very well. Not cheap but well worth the $$. And your feet won't get all stinky on a long ride either, even on the hottest of days. Hot or cool out there my feet are happy.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:47 AM   #63
dannylightning

the current temperature is 36 degrees, it was a 20 min ride home, most of witch was on the highway going about 65mph. my feet got a little bit cold but nothing to complain about (regular socks). besides that i felt absolutely no discomfort form the cold and i was completely comfortable on my ride home.

I'm a person who has never appreciated the cold, i shake like a leaf in cold weather, on top of that i just spend 3 years of my life with virtually no winter, 2 years in phoenix az and a year in memphis tn where most of the winter would be around 40-50 degrees and it only gets really cold for about a month, if that.

so im gonna say this set up works quite well, not sure how it would hold up when the temp drops into the 20's but weather in the 30's no problem,

Login or Register to Remove Ads