Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 04-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
Easy Rider

Re: n00bs... clean your fuel system

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
it will EAT plastic, including plastic measuring cups. I have one that is nice and milky color on the inside now.....and that was from diesel fuel additive.
I use a plastic shot glass that I got a complementary drink in, for measuring the fuel additive that I use, & I never wipe it dry, so there's always a few drops left in it while it's in store, & I've never had any problems/milkiness. :popcorn:
And that proves exactly what ?? That there are a couple of dozen kinds of "fuel additives" and they aren't all the same ?? :roll:

Just what brand of "additive" are you using ??
I wouldn't trust anything to clean my carb that DIDN'T melt simple plastic.
It also makes styrofoam disappear.......like throwing water on the "wicked witch". :biggrin:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
It also makes styrofoam disappear.......like throwing water on the "wicked witch". :biggrin:

Plain gasoline will do that too, I remember when I was a young teenager, I tried to pour some gas in a styrofoam cup and throw it on a fire (in retrospect, neither one of those things is a good idea) and when i went to throw it, nothing happened, i looked down and the whole bottom half of the cup was gone.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #13
alantf

Quote:

I use a plastic shot glass that I got a complementary drink in, for measuring the fuel additive that I use, & I never wipe it dry, so there's always a few drops left in it while it's in store, & I've never had any problems/milkiness. :popcorn:
And that proves exactly what ??

I wouldn't trust anything to clean my carb that DIDN'T melt simple plastic.
[/quote]

It proves that your statement "It EATS plastic" is incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What you mean is "whatever YOU use melts plastic"

I don't know why you wouldn't trust anything that DIDN'T melt plastic. Mine works fine. I could tell the difference, the first ride after I put it in. BTW it's a store's own brand (the cheapest on the shelf!) since you ask.

Login or Register to Remove Ads