Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 10-04-2008, 06:45 AM   #1
deputydogg2763

Whassup from Memphis

Hey, there. Sold my 1996 Ford Bronco and Bought a 2003 GZ250, blue with 3,000 miles on it for $1500. I have been very pleased with it, especially where the gas is concerned. Took the MSC about 2 weeks ago and I have been riding back and forth to work ever since. There are some things I am trying to fix and I am glad to have this site as a resource. I will take a couple of Pics and get them posted within a couple of days. :skull: deputydogg2763 -- Go Huskers

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-04-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Sarris

Re: Whassup from Memphis

Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing the GZ gets a couple mpg more than the old Bronco.......

Old 10-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
music man

I had a Mazda Navajo 4x4, which Is a Ford Explorer with a Mazda name plate, that I got rid of a few months ago, and I just ride the bike now. The Navajo got a smelt 16mpg on the highway, and we don't even want to discuss what it did in town, and I also have a blue 03 GZ that had 3,000 miles on it when i got it, and I paid 1,200.00 for it, of course that was last May when gas was still in the two dollars and change price so the 250 wasn't quite as valuable then.

But anyways welcome to "The place to be for all things GZ".

Old 10-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
alanmcorcoran

I've never had a Ford truck of any kind, my GZ is silver and I paid through the nose for it new. But I have been mistaken for a motorcycle officer.

Welcome to the party. Be good to have an actual LEO in on some of our discussions of "the authorities."

How cold does it get in Tenn and Ark? Do you guys ride year round?
Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
music man

Well I have only had my Bike for one winter, but yea last winter I did ride all the way through, with the exception of a couple of days where we had a little powder on the ground, though not as much as I will ride this year, (I have some better cold weather gear).

As for how cold it gets in AR, it usually only gets down in the low 30's, high 20's. I have seen winters where it got down in the single digits, but not very many times, so it is very mild here in winter in comparision to a lot of our GZ brethren's neck of the woods. Also it usually doesn't get down in the 30's consistently until late December, to early January. I have seen it get cold by late October, (but there again not very many times), then it warms back up in early March, So we don't have a very long winter season.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
davtnn

Well it does get cold here in winter,,, BUT..with the right gear ya can ride all year.. as in my leather jacket (with an eagle on the back.. my wife bought it for me) i can wear a couple of sweat shirts under it. good gloves and long johns ... still get frozen knees and hands but what the heck the ride is still enjoyable
Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #7
El Diablo

Welcome Deputy Dog. I live in East Memphis and have a 2008 GZ250. How come your still in a crown vic? I thought all you fellows had switched over to the Dodge Charger.

I'll keep my out for your blue bike.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Old 10-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
deputydogg2763

I am still in the crown vic because I am in the fugitive unit, and that is what they gave us. At least we have a 2007. The Chargers have a very small back seat, maybe they were thinking about all the potential riders(doubtful). I ride my bike every night to work and back. We are stationed at the East office by the Penal farm, so it is just a short ride for me.