Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
dannylightning

new icon biker jacket and boots. non crotch rocket looking.

i got this killer ikon jacket with armor on sale for 150 bucks and i got harley shift boots

i was at a party last weekend with this jacket this girl started touching my shoulder and felt the armor in the coat. we wondered how well it really works so she hit me kind of hard in the shoulder, nothing. she hit me really hard next time and nothing, armor works pretty darn good. i think if i were to go down in this coat i would feel it but it would be pretty mild. this girl knows some martial arts, so she knows how to throw a punch.

these boots make riding much better, been wearing tennis shoes or my work boots, when i put these on riding is much more comfortable, not sure why but they just seem to set much better on the foot pegs. a lot of peopel suggest harley boots for riding over any thing else so i figured i would give it a shot.the boots look kind of funny with the angle i took the picture at but there cool looking boots.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
alantf

Re: new icon biker jacket and boots. non crotch rocket looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning

i was at a party last weekend .this girl hit me really hard . this girl knows some martial arts, so she knows how to throw a punch.
Please, don't EVER invite me to any of the parties you go to!

Just out of curiosity - "sweet and cuddly" or "big and butch"? :roll:
Old 09-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning

i was at a party last weekend .this girl hit me really hard . this girl knows some martial arts, so she knows how to throw a punch.
Please, don't EVER invite me to any of the parties you go to!
Just out of curiosity - "sweet and cuddly" or "big and butch"? :roll:
she was a sweet and cuddly little thing and cute as a button. she asked before she hit me. i was curious to see how inpact resistant those things really were. she did not hit hard till i told her to.

it was a fun party, the bonfire flames were at least 20-30 foot tall the neighbors told us the next morning that they were coming home around midnight that night and they were like o god i hope our house is not on fire. no joke about the size of the fire, it was huge.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
BusyWeb

Hi, there.

I like the Jacket alot.
But boot seems little havier...
I remember when I bought a pair of motocycle boots which still I'm wearing every single day.
Motorcycle boots helped me changing gears smoothly..
Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Danny : Liking the boots. Look very substantial and cruiser friendly. Do they add to your ankle support,strength in case you have an upset in a parking lot ? The jacket, not my cup of tea but it isn't for me to tell you what to wear. It will look good on you and offer some protection as well. The boots and jacket have the appearance you want and are a good buy IMO.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyWeb
Hi, there.

I like the Jacket alot.
But boot seems little havier...
I remember when I bought a pair of motocycle boots which still I'm wearing every single day.
Motorcycle boots helped me changing gears smoothly..

When I got my for real riding boots 2 years ago I was almost amazed at the difference when riding. Had been wearing a work style cowboy boot but they got too loose and sloppy. Had some tense moments when stopping on uneven road surfaces and there was no ankle support at all. Actual riding boots are a better fit and offer better protection as well as a better sole to grip the road surface and the pegs. Alas my boots are no longer water proof. Was out in the wet for 4 hours today and the last hour was kinda squishy in the toes area. But I'm not complaining. 2 hours on the Vstrom and 2 hours on Lynda's "M" was a lot of riding and fun. Both bikes run without a flaw wet or dry.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 AM   #7
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Alas my boots are no longer water proof.
Surely there's something you can use to waterproof them. I remember that years ago, when football boots were made of real leather, we used a product called "dubbin" to waterproof them, & keep them supple. I wear hikers' waterproofs when I ride in the rain, & give them an annual spray of reproofer. (in years gone by we used "alum") I can't believe they don't make anything for boots. Have you tried the camping stores, because hikers need dry feet. I've had more (& better) products from camping stores than bike shops.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
dannylightning

Quote:
Danny : Liking the boots. Look very substantial and cruiser friendly. Do they add to your ankle support,strength in case you have an upset in a parking lot ? The jacket, not my cup of tea but it isn't for me to tell you what to wear. It will look good on you and offer some protection as well. The boots and jacket have the appearance you want and are a good buy IMO.
they do have some ankle support, not as much as some boots but you get a good deal of ankle support. what i mean is some boots are so tight around your legs you can move your ankle at all. these have a little play but not much, as soon as the little bit of play runs out the support pretty darn good.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Alas my boots are no longer water proof.
Surely there's something you can use to waterproof them. I remember that years ago, when football boots were made of real leather, we used a product called "dubbin" to waterproof them, & keep them supple. I wear hikers' waterproofs when I ride in the rain, & give them an annual spray of reproofer. (in years gone by we used "alum") I can't believe they don't make anything for boots. Have you tried the camping stores, because hikers need dry feet. I've had more (& better) products from camping stores than bike shops.
Actually yesterday was the first time my boots leaked so I will be looking for a water proofer shortly. Lots of camping/hiking stores here so there shouldn't be a problem getting fixed up.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #10
bonehead

3M "scotch guard" works.