Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 01-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
dentheman

Re: My new (used) motorcycle backfires like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gz Rider
I'm surprised to see such a quick response from seafoam. Did you dilute it or leave it at the overdose that it was for your overnight results?

Since you already have the stuff, you could consider putting it back in the tank at the 1 oz. per gallon rate- if for no other reason, jsut to get rid of it but it might do some additional cleaning as well.
I left the overdose in overnight, then cranked her up and ran her until she sounded good, then replaced the mix with gas. I will put some Seafoam in at the recommended rate. My next job is to try to get the battery out. It was dead at time of purchase so the dealer put a new one in, but it is jammed tight in the battery box. I did put the maintainer on it right after delivery and it took about 7 hours to show fully charged, so I guess it wasn't fully charged by the dealer. I knew to do that from this forum. I am learning!

Maybe there was some crud that the Seafoam cleaned out, or maybe the gas was old or had water in it. I had added new gas without draining what was already in the tank when I bought it. I probably should have drained that old gas.

I thought about putting the old gas in my car but then decided to take it to an oil change place that disposed of it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
kmrcstintn

Re: My new (used) motorcycle backfires like crazy.

the gas that I bulk buy & store in gas cans gets 1 oz of seafoam/gal as well as Stabil Marine ethanol stabilizer at maintenance dose & I usually add a few ounces of seafoam or other cleaner occasionally since I do top off at gas stations every week and that gas isn't treated like my stash stuff, which alos gets used each week so it doesn't sit around more than 45 days