Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
jonaequeen

Oh No HELP! I can't get started!

so I bought my first bike, a 2008 GZ250 for $800. the man I bought it from used it for his wife to practice riding. he told me he think it needs a new battery. when I picked it up it started right up with a jump. it was raining and I stopped to look at my directions home and I could not get the bike engine to turn over. I went and bought a new battery, put it in and rode about 15 minutes but made a new rider mistake and stalled. the engine wouldn't turn over again. I tried to jump it and it started smoking from under the seat so I gave up. I parked it for a few days until I figured out how to get it home (it was raining a couple of those days). I finally get it home, get a brand new battery bc I think I fried the other one and NOTHING, not lights no power at all. I could really use some insight as I'm no where near a mechanic but with knowledge and guidance from you all I think I can get it done and get it going! thank you in advance

UPDATE: The main fuse was blown. I replaced it and now i have power! However, the bike still won’t start /:

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by jonaequeen; 12-19-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Tags
battery, power