Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
OldNTired

Problems related?

Hi. Well, got a new problem, or I should say questions.
History:
Two days ago, after a 40 minute ride at 75-to-80 MPH at 94 degrees warm, and humid weather, when I parked I saw that ONE exhaust pipe (right side) had discolored. If both had, no problem, but why just one?
The next day, after pretty much the same ride at the same speed, and for the same amount of time, the entire LEFT side of the engine (along with my jeans and boot) were covered in oil, as was the entire lower left side back to the rectifier.
The oil level was halfway between 'too much' and 'not enough' before the second ride. The level now is just at the 'add' mark.
Can any one think of any reason? Of any link between the two?
I last checked the valve clearance about 5000 miles ago. The bike has a little over 10,000 miles on it.
No, I haven't had time to work on it. After a few beautiful days we are now caught in that series of storms that are dumpimg inches of rain. I need to clean the bike outside, and because of other 'projects' I don't have the room to work on it in the garage. I'm hoping for a clue, so when I get the chance I can make this an afternoon job by having whatever parts I might need handy.

Extra info: air box is clean, filter is fine, oil filter has 1500 miles on it, bike ran more than fine before this and still does - except for the leak!

Thanks for any help.

Login or Register to Remove Ads