Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
New GZ250

Re: Bike Dead

After about a half an hour bike/battery showed some life, dim everything, it had been sitting for two weeks on the battery tender. Battery tender after showed full charge, but head light was very dim. Got stronger the longer I keep on charger, but if I turned bike on, battery tender went red, 5 minutes later showed maintaining charge, turn bike on again, tender went red. I agree it is very strange after getting the bike running, stopping for gas, all the electrical system dead. I am assuming and hoping it is the battery not being able to hold a charge, as the bike is always on a tender. But if I got it towed back, hooked it up to tender, takes minimum charge it is the battery, I hope. Have one on order from Amazon. Load test would be turn ignition on, dim head light, tender turning red as indicating battery can not hold charge, I hope. I assumed it was not the battery, as I got it started, drove it to the gas station, then nothing. Battery's usually do not usually go completely dead after, stating and riding. The American Motorcycle Association tow service was wonderful. You can get the service thru them for free. Hope the new battery does the job, since I have minimum power on the headlights, turn signal, after two hours on tender. Bike is at second home, so could not try after two hours, as we were heading to other. As I left tender showed full charge, but...
Will keep all updated, as I hope battery arrives before next weekend.

Login or Register to Remove Ads