Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 10-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
Bill

Clutch lever adjustment

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or Troubleshooting.

My wife has been complaining that the clutch lever seemed to be tight so I got out the owner's manual and also looked at the service manual posted here.

When I pulled back the rubber cover over the cable adjuster nuts to do a "minor adjustment" I found the large lock nut in the middle of the threads moveing free and not locking against anything. I tried to turn the clutch cable adjuster but it is tight on the cable and won't move (I didn't try to force anything for fear of screwing it up). I noticed that when I pull the clutch lever in and look at the other end of the cable attached next to the engine there is an immediate pull at that point. In other words immediate engagement and no 1/2 inch play at the clutch lever on the handlebars.

It will be a few days before she can take it in to the shop. So before I start fooling with the other cable end for the "major adjustment" I thought it would be a good idea to ask here for some guidance.

One other note. She is finding a couple of her fingers developing "trigger finger" - locking at the knuckle before fully flexed. Any one else had this problem?

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads