Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Bill

Funny comments you hear

My wife and I have been riding around northeast Florida looking for a piece of property to (eventually) build on for a retirement home so our motorcycles provide a nice way to travel. This weekend we stopped in a sales office for a very nice development just out of curiosity because we knew the properties were way over our budget. As I was talking to the sales rep in my riding clothes I heard someone say, "Are we under a national alert?". I turned around to see a nicely dressed middle aged couple standing at the door with a smile on their faces. "I saw a motorcycle out front with a Department of Defense sticker on the front fork and just wanted to make sure we in a safe location just in case."

My wife is retired reserves and I recently registered the motorcycle to get on base so I don't always have to use the car. After that he complimented us on the nice bikes and we talked for a few minutes before we had to leave.

When there are enough folks that either look down on motorcycle riders or are afraid because of the negative image it is a pleasant experience to be met with a smile and a friendly greeting.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Nice story. It sure is fun to have people surprise you like that. I always find it great to have that one person who, normally, you would never guess in a million years would come and approach you about your bike.

I had a VERY sharp dressed suit/tie/briefcase kinda guy (driving a jag or whatever it was) come up to me and say 'nice harley'. I then corrected him that it was actually a Honda. He about fell over and couldnt believe it wasnt a HD product. Stood there and had a nice chat about the bike and he was on his way. Seemed like the kinda guy that his career took over his life and he was now just realizing that and wanted to have a little 'fun'. Wonder if he ever made it to the dealership

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 03-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Seemed like the kinda guy that his career took over his life and he was now just realizing that and wanted to have a little 'fun'. Wonder if he ever made it to the dealership
I can relate to that. Fortunately I have a wife who is the kind of person that wants to enjoy all the fun things that life has to offer. My sphincter on the other hand has tightened up too much over the years since the younger days. It was her encouragement to get motorcycles that has helped me recall the important things and I have been getting better with every ride.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads