Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 07-07-2015, 01:02 AM   #1
marauder1313

Vancouver to New York City and back

For 3 months, I rode my 2001 Suzuki GZ250 from Vancouver B.C. to New York City. Approx 12,000 miles (there and back). Countless thunderstorms. Lots of humidity. And even a small crash in LA. But I made it back home. See my story through this short video I just put together. Thanks everybody. The bike performed beautifully. Just had to put a chain on it. No biggie.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #2
gz4me +

Great video!!!!! Enjoyed it so much. Thanks !
Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

WOW !!! What a trip. Sure wish I could say "been there done that" but it would be a giant lie. You met a lot of new friends by the look of it too.
I have been to some of the places in the video but not all in one trip to say the least.

The best thing is the fact that you and the GZ prove no one really needs a big bike to travel. Granted bigger bikes will make the trip easier in most instances. You have a memory to last a lifetime that most will never experience.

One thought is the GZ owes you nothing, it just made a strong case for a smaller more economical bike for those who would like to ride farther than the local coffee shop or Wally World.

Thanks so much for sharing your adventure with the rest of us.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
marauder1313

You said it water warrior, bigger displacement = the quicker you'll get back home. And lets face it, no one is hurrying to get back home

Its got a few weird noises now lol, but she still runs. Who knows, maybe ill end up doing a top end rebuild to learn how to do it. Or even put a clutch in to learn how to do that. But yea, exactly, it doesnt owe me anything. Any miles I put on it now is just gravy.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder1313 View Post
You said it water warrior, bigger displacement = the quicker you'll get back home. And lets face it, no one is hurrying to get back home

Its got a few weird noises now lol, but she still runs. Who knows, maybe ill end up doing a top end rebuild to learn how to do it. Or even put a clutch in to learn how to do that. But yea, exactly, it doesnt owe me anything. Any miles I put on it now is just gravy.
It isn't so much getting back home sooner but the ease of tackling headwinds and various road conditions. That was the prime reason went for the M50 as an upgrade. More power but not massive power that rarely gets used. Lynda powered through headwinds at 75-80 mph with ease.
Her biggest and likely only complaint with the GZ was having to think ahead so far to gauge the terrain for long gradual grades that slowed the bike. I think her main reason for the M50 was due to being stopped by a LEO on the highway for going too slow. Headwinds and uphill, not a friend of the GZ. That was really a funny day...............for me.