Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 01-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Re: Are our motors interference engines or not?

Insurance in the GWN is very costly compared to U.S. premiums. The only good thing we get are higher minimum standards in liabilities which can be a life saver. Also the provinces with government insurance cost more and actually cover a bit less unless you opt for more coverage and have the $$.
My Vstrom has the minimum gov insurance and private insurance to cover everything else which saves 3 or 4 hundred a year.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #22
RamAir

It depends really some poeple that have come from different provences (at least I think he said provences and not states) was that the government insurance was very cheap in some places its a flat rate for the whole year. You insure on Dec.31 the next day your gonna have to pay anagin for another year thats what the guy said so i [ersonally am not sure about how it works in other places.

So are our motors interterference motors or not?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #23
blaine

As Sarris answered,yes they are. :cool:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #24
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
You insure on Dec.31 the next day your gonna have to pay anagin for another year thats what the guy said so i [ersonally am not sure about how it works in other places.
I think some one confused you a bit. The insured year can/will start whenever you want it to start. Pick a day to insure your bike and that is the start of your year. I doubt any insurance company(private or gov)would have the resources to renew all policies as of Jan 1st or any other specific date.
As for paying Dec 31 and again Jan 1st, that won't happen under normal circumstances. The length of time would be prorated. Here in B.C. we can actually insure vehicles on a daily basis. Many riders only insure for 6 months and let the bike sit all winter. If the weather gets really nice out in Dec the rider can insure a bike for 1 or 2 or 3 days that might be available in his/her normal schedule.