Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 04-13-2009, 01:15 AM   #1
dannylightning

kikker 5150 hard knock bobbers

basically im wondering if they are junk, any one know any thing about these bikes. im pretty sure they use one of those Chinese engines. they are kind of a toy but you can get up to a 200 cc. they are small and light so i would imagine a 200 cc on something this small would haul ass. you can get them titled as a home built kit bike and ride them on the street. they sue look damn cool but cant really find any info on what kind of motor they use or any thing like that...

here is a pic of one

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Re: kikker 5150 hard knock bobbers

I was going to get one of these bikes earlier this year. I think they are cool as hell for a fun factor. I'd love one of these bikes for myself. If you think the GZ is light and feathery, this will probably feel like a bicycle lol. Still, the customization factor alone makes this a fun little project to tinker with.

Youtube is loaded with videos of the bike. I also read about a 100mph kikker on their forums. Even if it was a chinese motor, who cares ... its a $1500 toy to cruise around on that will have people constantly asking you questions about it everywhere you park it.

Only reason i didnt purchase one was because i chose to go to disney for 8 days/7 nights and also Universal and Daytona Speedway for a total of 11 days which was the exact cost of the kikker. Either make the wife happy ... or me. I lost that decision after hitting circuit city during their liquidation and purchasing a new gps, cybershot H-50 camera and a camcorder. She got pissy that i spent all that money so i curbed her by "we're going to disney!" :2tup:

I WILL be getting one of these sooner or later though

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
Sarris

Get one and put a Hi-Po GZ motor in it. Now you got a hot rod.

:lol:

Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
dannylightning

[/quote] $1500 toy to cruise around on . [/quote]

1500 is for the rolling chassis kit only. no turn signals, no break light no license plate mount,, no speedo (not the kind you wear of course ha), add about 50 bucks for each one of those i think you add 200 bucks to get a 50cc motor and about 500 bucks to get a 200cc. the 200 has a thicker frame to suport the bigger engine. i actually looked at a little chopper before and the guy at the dealer told me the chineese motors are crap and you cant really get parts to fix them when they break. that's what scared me away from these bikes but deep down i still really want one.

after i went to build you own and get a quote with every thing i needed to make it street legal it was over 2'200.00 plus the tax. that was all flat black and not upgrading any of other parts.

i paid way less than that for my gz.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
the guy at the dealer told me the chineese motors are crap
Strange, that! The piece of Chinese shit I bought a coupla years ago - the engine was the only thing on the bike that was any good. The bike was a Lanverrti, & it had a Honda engine. The dealer told me that the Chinks bought in engines & then made the bits (very badly!) that went round the engine (i.e. the rest of the bike) Depending what model you bought, it could have Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc. engine. It was so bad that I only had it about a month,& then demanded my money back. I had problems with brakes, cooling system, guages, fuses, rattles & bangs - in fact, anything that could go wrong did. Even the dealer agreed that it was a piece of shite, & it was him that got me my money back. All I can say (from my own experience) is "If it comes from China, forget it"

Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
$1500 toy to cruise around on .

1500 is for the rolling chassis kit only. no turn signals, no break light no license plate mount,, no speedo (not the kind you wear of course ha), add about 50 bucks for each one of those i think you add 200 bucks to get a 50cc motor and about 500 bucks to get a 200cc. the 200 has a thicker frame to suport the bigger engine. i actually looked at a little chopper before and the guy at the dealer told me the chineese motors are crap and you cant really get parts to fix them when they break. that's what scared me away from these bikes but deep down i still really want one.

after i went to build you own and get a quote with every thing i needed to make it street legal it was over 2'200.00 plus the tax. that was all flat black and not upgrading any of other parts.

i paid way less than that for my gz.
You can get all the things you need to make it street legal cheaper than they offer honestly. That 2200 price was about what i priced one at with all the options.

Should really check their forums to see how the engines hold up. The best place to find out is from the people who own them. If they were junk, there will be people there saying so. Kinda like our forum

It may be as much as the gz, but does the gz look like a kikker? :2tup:

I'll still get one ... trying to find a used one somewhere. One of these days.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
You can get all the things you need to make it street legal cheaper than they offer honestly. That 2200 price was about what i priced one at with all the options.

Should really check their forums to see how the engines hold up. The best place to find out is from the people who own them. If they were junk, there will be people there saying so. Kinda like our forum

It may be as much as the gz, but does the gz look like a kikker? :2tup:

I'll still get one ... trying to find a used one somewhere. One of these days.
im sure you could easily make a gz into a bobber if you can do a little fabricating, i cant but wish i could,
i was looking at one guys bobber and he had directions on how he did it, cant remember what bike it was on, but he spend less than 300 bucks on it. he did every thing him self and it looked like a real deal bobber, not one of these crappy ones people just cut off half the rear fender take off the front one and paint the thing flat black and try to say its a bobber

i have yet to see a kikker in person but as far as i can tell from the pics thy are damn cool. there is a shop a few hours away that sells them already assembled witch is a plus not sure how much i would want to build one my self, i was reading about it on their forums and sounds like a pian in the butt to build for people like myself that dont have much exp working on bikes or doing wiring.

when i read the kikker formus i did see quite a lot of people asking questions about problems with the bike or they couldn't figure out how to get it running properly after they built it, but i also saw a lot of people that were quite happy with their kikker product. not sure how long any of them had had the bike.

i couldn't find much info on what kind of motor they have but i did find one post saying they were Chinese, if that is correct or not i dont know but i do want to find out for sure. the thing i heard bad about those Chinese engines is after they break you cant really get parts for them and the repair shops cant either and than you are doomed. that's what i was told by a bike dealer a few years ago that had some other mini choppers with Chinese engines. the guy actually told me not to buy it. he said he had one and it was a nightmare. i have had a few other people tell me the same thing about those motors.

i may try to call kikker and find out for sure if its a Chinese engine or not and if not what kind if actually is. probably wont be getting one any time soon. i spent my money on a gz and i got cut down to part time at work. and from here on out its gonna be don't spend the money unless you really need to, at least for a while.

if the motor does not end up being Chinese i will probably own one eventually. if so i wonder how hard it would be the get the rolling chassis and put different motor on it.

i did read some guys saying the can get up to 70mph on the 200 cc kikker. and it throws out about 15-18 horse power. heck i dont even know how much HP the gz has
Old 04-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
Dupo

GZ has about 20 hp.

Ive seen some youtube videos of a guy showing top speed on his kikker. He did hit 70mph easily

I do know about the chinese engine parts problem. Thats another reason i dont own one just yet. I haven't put aside the time to do some research on that aspect of the bike.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 04-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #9
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
GZ has about 20 hp.

Ive seen some youtube videos of a guy showing top speed on his kikker. He did hit 70mph easily

I do know about the chinese engine parts problem. Thats another reason i dont own one just yet. I haven't put aside the time to do some research on that aspect of the bike.
dupo, with that ride you got i don't see why you would want any thing else.. that bike looks like the real deal to me, not bobber wise but just one bad ass ride. if i had a bike that looked that cool i would be in heaven.. i mean come one look at that thing :jawdrop:
Old 04-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #10
Dupo

Thanks

The kikker was just to be a run around toy

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook