Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 06-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #21
dentheman

Re: Does Boulevard S40 have backfire or popping problems?

The gov't regulations have apparently gotten to the point where they are causing carbureted engines to run LESS efficiently, which defeats the purpose of trying to save fuel, etc. I think the days of carburetors are about over. No cars or trucks use them anymore. Just lawnmowers and motorcycles and similar things. I wouldn't be surprised to see all 2011-2012 motorcycles have fuel injection. A fuel injected GZ might be a good thing, if it didn't cause the price to skyrocket.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
The gov't regulations have apparently gotten to the point where they are causing carbureted engines to run LESS efficiently, which defeats the purpose of trying to save fuel, etc. I think the days of carburetors are about over. No cars or trucks use them anymore. Just lawnmowers and motorcycles and similar things. I wouldn't be surprised to see all 2011-2012 motorcycles have fuel injection. A fuel injected GZ might be a good thing, if it didn't cause the price to skyrocket.
The Suzuki TU250 has fuel injection, and is the same price of the GZ250
Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #23
dentheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by New GZ250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
The Suzuki TU250 has fuel injection, and is the same price of the GZ250
That's true. I just haven't seen any new or used TU's or GZ's at dealers or on the road in my area. When I asked my dealer he said he couldn't get a TU, but was willing to order a GZ. Maybe the TU will be back for 2011. If so, I will get one, otherwise it may be a GZ. I have backed away a little from the thought of getting an S40. In the end it will depend on what is out there for a good price when I am ready to buy.

Login or Register to Remove Ads