Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 08-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #11
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Suzuki Savage.

Get a room, you two.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
So in closing, I guess we have come full circle and ended up agreeing with each other anyways.
Choke.....puke! :roll: :crackup

Actually, the whole discussion, framed the way it was is pretty pointless.

One "upgrades" or changes bikes because they WANT to. Kind of like choosing a spouse; logic and reason often don't play a part in the decision at all..........until it's too late. :shocked:
Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider

Choke.....puke! :roll: :crackup

Actually, the whole discussion, framed the way it was is pretty pointless.

One "upgrades" or changes bikes because they WANT to. Kind of like choosing a spouse; logic and reason often don't play a part in the decision at all..........until it's too late. :shocked:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Old 08-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #14
dhgeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
One "upgrades" or changes bikes because they WANT to. Kind of like choosing a spouse; logic and reason often don't play a part in the decision at all..........until it's too late.
So I shouldn't ask how the little woman is doing, eh?

I'll have you know that before buying anything as expensive, important, and personal as a motorcycle, I do extensive, detailed research into every aspect of each machine I am considering. I do test rides, and draw finely tuned comparison grids. I will not buy a motorcycle unless I am absolutely sure that it is exactly the right one for me, and that I will never, ever need or want another one. I have undergone this exhaustive process 10 times in the last 7 years, and I'm absolutely sure I'll get it right the very next time!

My wife isn't so sure, though.......

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B
Old 08-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
So I shouldn't ask how the little woman is doing, eh?
From HER perspective, she is perfect! :whistle:

Old 08-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #16
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Went to the supermarket this morning, & parked next to one of the strangest machines I've ever seen! It was a Suzuki "Savage". If I decoded the licence plate letters correctly it's at least 10 years old. It's a 650cc, single cylinder, belt drive bike. I didn't know that Suzuki ever made that type. Unfortunately the owner didn't come out while I was there, so I couldn't ask him about it. Anyone know anything about these bikes? :??:
when i decided to go shopping for a bike i saw one of those on craigs list some one turned in to a chopperish type bike, cool looking bike for sure, i did some research on it after i saw it for sale from what i remember the suzuki s40 replaced the savage. i think i read its the same engine but they redesigned the body and gave it a new name, that is if my memory serves me correctly. i decided not to get it cus i figured i would probably be better off to get a first bike that was completely stock and something a little newer. figured i would have less problems that way.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #17
bonehead

It is relatively a GZ with a 650cc in it.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #18
Water Warrior 2

The added 400 CCs add about 60 pounds overall. And yes the S-40 is the old Savage. All the re-badging in 2005 put a bunch of bike into the Boulevard line up.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #19
burkbuilds

One of the guys at my school had an old Savage that he rode a lot, I never got to ask him about it but it was a nice looking bike.
As for the Vulcan 500's top speed, I can't say. I can say that I've had mine to 104mph and it was still climbing but that was way to fast for me and a lot faster than I thought she'd actually go. I did put a "highway" sprocket on mine so that may have added a few mph to the top achievable speed compared to the factory ratio. The Vulcan also has a lot of pep off the line. I don't normally drive with the "jack rabbit" starts, but I've done it a few times just to see how she'd do and it's pretty fast.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #20
GeeZee250

I am looking for a S40 or a Savage because I like my GZ250 so very much and I only want a little more power for hills and headwinds.
Also, the S40/Savage can be purchased used with low miles for a good price if you are not in a hurry and shop around (though this could be said to be true for most anything actually).

I enjoy the simplicity and low maintenance cost of my GZ250. The mpg are a bonus. I find the total cost of ridership to be extremely low and that counts for a lot [for me] these days. Also, it depends on the type riding you do. I am mostly a weekend rider on back roads, exploring areas that I would never go to with a higher cost of ridership. I can take turns just to see where they go or I can use Google to find interesting routes by switching between the Topo and Road maps. In any case the GZ250 fills the bill for all of this and I imagine the S40/Savage will do the same [for me].

Now, when I find my S40/Savage... do I sell my GZ250 or do I keep 2 bikes on the road?