Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
dannylightning

my 01 suzuki volusia video and gz video's

can any one tell me around what rpm the bike is idling at, . factory specs say it should be 1,000-1,200 rpm. to my ear and just kind of guessing i set the idle to what i thought might be correct but what do i know.

that is the led kit i got from auto zone, the exhaust is kind of loud but not too bad and i think it has a killer sound. i came in last night about 3am and did not wake any one up in the house. i have a good stereo and the exhaust sound played back on that is almost exactly true to life. not sure how its gonna sound on you tube, haven't listened to it yet on there, video is almost done uploading, when you upload something on you tube it always seems to loose some of the sound quality.

[youtube:mgldatq3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBWKxPvs88[/youtube:mgldatq3]

[youtube:mgldatq3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHwBWceDnV8[/youtube:mgldatq3]

short video of the led kit

[youtube:mgldatq3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnbtOqyzY5E[/youtube:mgldatq3]

camera mounted on rear foot peg, not as interesting as i thought it would be but still kind of cool.

[youtube:mgldatq3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V_PnFBJSIY[/youtube:mgldatq3]

cruzing on the gz
[youtube:mgldatq3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdSdEcsUW3c[/youtube:mgldatq3]

[youtube:mgldatq3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfCOjckjmK0[/youtube:mgldatq3]

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
BusyWeb

Re: my 01 suzuki intruder volusia video, led kit debaffled pipes

Hello, there.

Cool video.....
Liked your led kits ....
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyWeb
Hello, there.

Cool video.....
Liked your led kits ....
thank you,

Old 09-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
burkbuilds

Very nice Danny!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Very nice Danny!
thanks,

gonna go for a nother night ride tomorrow and put the camera around my neck again. it thought mounting the camera on the rear foot peg would have been alot cooler, not a very good view,

gonna post that video up with the rest of them.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
mrlmd1

Re: my 01 suzuki volusia video and gz video's

While we all would like a deep, throaty exhaust, I personally think yours is a little too loud, you can still hear it three blocks away and is still quite loud when in back of the camera, 180 degrees away from the mic. I don't know how everyone in the neighborhood isn't pissed at that sound when you speed away and think you're pretty obnoxious.
The lights are cool as long as they don't interfere with your night vision and those videos with the camera mounted around your neck are really pretty steady and of good quality, and actually don't show as much vibration as when mounted solidly on the bike.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
While we all would like a deep, throaty exhaust, I personally think yours is a little too loud, you can still hear it three blocks away and is still quite loud when in back of the camera, 180 degrees away from the mic. I don't know how everyone in the neighborhood isn't pissed at that sound when you speed away and think you're pretty obnoxious.
The lights are cool as long as they don't interfere with your night vision and those videos with the camera mounted around your neck are really pretty steady and of good quality, and actually don't show as much vibration as when mounted solidly on the bike.
my camera picks up every little sound possible and it does amplify things a little bit, the microphone is on the top of the camera not the front of the camera so it picks up sound from 360 degrees around. my friends harleys wich are all louder than my volusia, they sound about the same tone wise now but theirs make a lot more noise.. my mom says when she is in the house she cant really hear my bike going down the street. if she has the windows open she can hear me a little bit but she said its not loud enough to bother any one and when i went to my friends house he had no idea i pulled in to his drive way, just to be safe if its after 9pm when i come home i make sure to get up enough speed so i can coast to my house, just a quick rev up the drive way that last for about 2 seconds. i think it sounds killer tho.

when a camera is around your neck your body absorbs most of the shock, it seemed to work the best out of every thing i have tried. the lights don't bother me at all and it really makes the bike stand out at night, i think my visibility on the road at night just went up by about 200% after adding those. people notice things that light up pretty colors way more than they would notice one head light coming down the street. i know i was behind a guy that has a little neon tube hanging off his rear fender and it only lit up at the bottom of the tube near the ground , i thought even that one little light made the guy much more viable from behind.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Quote:
Maybe people in the neighborhood actually <gasp> don't mind the sound? Its not like he's tearing up the streets acting like an ass trying to piss people off.

--

Hey Danny .... how is it there is zero wind noise in that peg mounted video?

-and-

What is the title of that song in the gz neck mounted vid?

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
mrlmd1

My new (to me) S50 is a little loud too, with the Cobra pipes.
I go down the street a little slower in my neighborhood, not to give anyone a reason to complain, trying not rev it or to make too much noise. I don't open it up 'till I get to the main roads. That's what I was getting at, a little advice, but he knows that already I guess. :cool:
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Quote:
Maybe people in the neighborhood actually <gasp> don't mind the sound? Its not like he's tearing up the streets acting like an ass trying to piss people off.

--

Hey Danny .... how is it there is zero wind noise in that peg mounted video?

-and-

What is the title of that song in the gz neck mounted vid?
that song is called freedom machine and the recording artist is junior brown. he has some damn cool songs, that's the only one that really sounds like that. his stuff mostly country and blusy type stuff with some rock & roll / rockabilly influence. junior brown rocks, that guy can play the guitar like no other, look him up on youtube and see what he does with his custom made (get steel) guitar, you got to see this thing to under stand and once you see what he does im sure you'll think its amazing. i had a few of his songs that i downloaded and later found a few of his albums at the library, that was suprizing

as far as no wind noise goes the microphone is on top of the camera and not right on the front for the wind to blow directly in to so im sure that helps a little bit and i think the other factor that may have come in to play is that my leg might have been detouring alot of the wind away from the camera

well the only thing is the bike was kind of loud the second you gave it gas, i just packed my mufflers, i lined the inside of the muffler with a layer of muffler packing, it quieted it down nicely at idle and gave it this nice muscly, throaty drag car type tone, not too loud at idle but still pumps out some volume when i get on it. doesn't sound so poppy now.

this is what it sound like now, trying to decide if i like the sound better now or how it was before i packed the muffler..

[youtube:2mu12faw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5u285ufOaw[/youtube:2mu12faw]