Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #11
mrlmd1

Re: my 01 suzuki volusia video and gz video's

I think I like that better, switching back and forth between the two of those videos. Still sounds ballsy but deeper and not as loud when you wind it up.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
I think I like that better, switching back and forth between the two of those videos. Still sounds ballsy but deeper and not as loud when you wind it up.
i liked the little extra loudness before, but i like the tone a little better now, I just wish it would have been a little quieter at idle and cruzing speed before. i think it sounded great both ways.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #13
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
My new (to me) S50 is a little loud too, with the Cobra pipes.
I go down the street a little slower in my neighborhood, not to give anyone a reason to complain, trying not rev it or to make too much noise. I don't open it up 'till I get to the main roads. That's what I was getting at, a little advice, but he knows that already I guess. :cool:
you like that S50, how does it ride?? pretty quick?? thats a 800 right?? i was looking at those but there was something about the frame up on front by the head tube that really bothered me, just the looks of it. im super picky about every thing,

i was down to a Honda shadow or newer harley sportster, i was dead set between one of the two bikes (about the only ones out there i really liked most every thing about). than i ran across this volusia and thought wow, took it out for a test drive and i knew after about 2 min of riding this was the bike, 15 min in to the test drive it seemed to be running top noch so i headed back to buy it, they even took a check so i did not have to run to the bank and get the money out witch is good cus i probably would have drove to the bank and back like some kind of speed demon.

i cant find any thing i don't like about it besides the passenger seat, it's not so attractive. well i did think the pipes should be a little louder too but that is a different story and already been taken care of. i have seen lots of cool aftermarket stuff for this bike, its all killer but this bike is already killer, cant see any reason to go and change out a bunch of stuff whey i feel it was done right in the first pace.

if you got any video or pics of your bike post them up on this thread, i would like to check out your new suzuki

Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #14
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal

Buy some Mustang seats! That'll be the best investment you can make! *still drooling over the Mustang seats for his Marauder that came today*
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #15
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal
Buy some Mustang seats! That'll be the best investment you can make! *still drooling over the Mustang seats for his Marauder that came today*
i think my stock front seat looks way better than any of the mustang seats that are made for my bike.. the Corbin young guns seat is the only one i have found for my bike that i like.. got to get something with lots of style

i been looking for mustang seats on ebay for my bike and there only seem to be a few models available and they all pretty much look the same. checed the mustang website too. i hear there comfortable tho.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal

See... I don't understand that line of thinking... you'll only care what the seat looks like when you're not riding. When you are riding, no one will be able to see it. Not to mention your rear end will be thanking you.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #17
bikertammy

I think your vids are so cool. Rock on!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal
See... I don't understand that line of thinking... you'll only care what the seat looks like when you're not riding. When you are riding, no one will be able to see it. Not to mention your rear end will be thanking you.
well i see your point im sure those corbin seats that have some kind of comfort foam that molds to your rear end or what not as advertized would be pretty comfortable too, my stock seat is plenty comfy, it's the back seat i hate. people can see that when im riding down the street. it looks so out of place on the bike and stands out like a sore thumb, i want a low profile stiletto seat, i keep it on for one reason, for example Tuesday night i took some girl at the bar out on a ride and when we got back she had a big kiss for me. the time i went out with out the back seat a girl wanted a ride and i said sorry but i ain't got a back seat darling.

im extremely nit picky about certin things like my bike, women, audio equipment and probably a few other things. little things like a ugly back seat just drive me crazy. I don't want to put on a seat on my bike that i dont like the looks of, especially when its the front seat and the back seat and i don't like the looks of either.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #19
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertammy
I think your vids are so cool. Rock on!!!
thank you, i enjoy making them, i get bored easily when i have free time and try to think of something semi constructive to do. that's part of why i got a bike in the first place. if i get bored i can hop on and ride away.

got a new video i took tonight, had the camera around my neck again. its taking 2 hours to load up on youthful and the first time i tired after about 1 hour 45 min there was a error and i had to start all over.. blah.,.

when its finally up ill post it with the other video's
Old 09-25-2009, 08:50 AM   #20
dannylightning

that other video is up, first video on the page.