Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Re: S50 reviews / chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyunguy
I guess I just think / find it easier to fix and repair carbs. done it before. never touched FI so I wouldn't know what I was getting into.

Water : Richmond Motorsports (I work right behind them so I get to see bikes all day when i am at the office, they also crank out alot of canam spyders which are neat to see)
Wonder if they would let me test ride a C-50 ? Maybe I will drop by sometime.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #22
oneyunguy

Anything's possible, I guess?? Wouldn't do any harm as they just want to sell stuff.

They had an S50 listed that I saw and called them up and asked about it, that's when they told me it was sold (4,399.00). So we got to chatting and I told him I wanted to upgrade from GZ250 to the S50. He said to me, you should come in and sit on and M50 and take it for a test ride.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #23
Easy Rider

Quote:
He said to me, you should come in and sit on and M50 and take it for a test ride.
Go for it!!
You should at least do a test "sit" and lean it up off the stand.
Not quite as agile as an S but a lower profile and different look that a LOT of guys love....and a few girls too.

Keep all your options open.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #24
oneyunguy

Well, I "sat" on an 09 boulevard today, it wasn't bad. Nowhere near as heavy as it looked. I sure would like to see them for real side by side tough and take each for a nice small spin.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #25
Easy Rider

Quote:
Well, I "sat" on an 09 boulevard today, it wasn't bad.
Zuki has played fast and loose with it's model names.
"Boulevard" might be just one specific bike now but at one time, it was a line of several different models. Kind of like "Maurader" and the GZ 250.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:23 PM   #26
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Well, I "sat" on an 09 boulevard today, it wasn't bad. Nowhere near as heavy as it looked. I sure would like to see them for real side by side tough and take each for a nice small spin.
There are at least 5 800 CC Boulevards to choose from. S-50, M-50 and 3 or more C-50 models. Which one did you test sit ?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #27
dannylightning

Quote:
Anything's possible, I guess?? Wouldn't do any harm as they just want to sell stuff.

They had an S50 listed that I saw and called them up and asked about it, that's when they told me it was sold (4,399.00). So we got to chatting and I told him I wanted to upgrade from GZ250 to the S50. He said to me, you should come in and sit on and M50 and take it for a test ride.

the m50 is one of the best feeling bikes i have ever set on. this may sound strange but to me it felt just like setting on a larger gz250 not sure if it is just the way the bike was balanced or what but it did not feel much different. the limited edition orange and black m50 was super cool too. if it were not for the price i would have loved to get one. the fule injection is probably better, you also get much better gas milage. my volutia getss about 32 mpg and the newer version the c50 FI is rated around 50mpg if my memory serves me correct.

i would really like to get that suzuki m109r limited edition in white. when i first saw one i was like that bike is really cool but relly weird, when i saw a few of them go down the street i was like damn that bike is cool and now i think there killer. i think its too big for me tho, kind of hard to reach the handle bars and it is expensive.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #28
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Quote:
There are at least 5 800 CC Boulevards to choose from. S-50, M-50 and 3 or more C-50 models. Which one did you test sit ?

yeah witch one, every cruiser suzuki makes is a boulevard. in the mid priced suzuki bikes i would pick one of these 3, c-50-m50-s83. the s83 is fast 1400cc on that one, it might be a little much. the m50 and c50 should have just the right amount of power for any one who is not a speed demon, they speed up plenty quick and you can get it up over 100mph easily (not that you should ever do that) but you can. good bikes for around town and will hold up on a long trip. witch ever one is more comfortable to would probably be the one to go with.

i dont like the s50 but that is just me. i think it is weird looking and uncomfortable to set on. so that is my opinion.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #29
oneyunguy

Hey guys,

It was an M50, a demo 2009 in black and white. It felt pretty darn good and fairly light too!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #30
dannylightning

yeah that m50 does feel really light,

you decide on what to get yet.